Petco Can Do This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Sooo I was at Petco and they were housing bearded dragons and frilled dragons together? I might be wrong but won't they kill each other over territory? The next time I'm there for crickets I'll snap a pic~

zandi202

BD.org Addict
They SHOULDN'T do it, but I guess they can. They both require different environments. I didn't look into Frilled much before, but I'm almost certain that Frilled are tropical species and require more humidity than beardies can stand.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
From a frilled dragon care sheet:

http://www.reptileoverload.com/frilled-dragon-care-sheet

Frilled Dragons are arboreal lizards that live in tropical areas of Australia and New Guinea. They are distant cousins to the Bearded Dragon but share very few similarities. Frilled Dragons like being up high in the trees rather than on the ground. The New Guinea Frilled Dragon is the most commonly sold Frilled Dragon. They are grey in color with yellowish tints in their frills but can also have red coloration. Australian Frilled Dragons are larger and can come in grey or reddish orange on their bodies and red in their frill. They also have distinctive white cheeks and are hard to find and very expensive to buy. Occasionally you will come across hybrids of the two or intergrades of the different Australian localities.

So in other words, they have to harm one for the other to survive. :cry:

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
awwww the poor beardies and frilled dragons.... also when i was there they told me that a bearded dragon would eat 2-3crickets a day -. -"

saiyan25

I saw day geckos and ball pythons being housed together in another pet store. I thought that was an interesting combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom