Pet Shop to avoid in Cardiff!!! uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week we went to a pet shop in Canton (will send pm if anyone wants the name). Was told that it would be fine to put 2 female beadies with a male no probs so looked at 2 beardies seemed happy and healthy so £280 later we couldnt wait to get them home and spoil them :D

However how wrong I was, the beardies seemed to get on great!! :D We noticed something was wrong with the smaller girl, she was making wheezing noises, and deep breathing after a post on here we seprated them and thought it was stress. Next day looked in her viv to see that she was flat and eyes shut. :cry: She stayed like this all morning worried I rang the shop. Told them I was not happy and that I would take her to vets if they paid the bill or rebumsed some of my 140 pounds told them I was happy the fact we had her less than 24 hrs.
Lady on phoned told me that she would not pay vet bills, but if I took her back to shop she would refund me and that they would take her to the vets and would ring me day or two later to collect her and have her back. I thought this was very reasonable and hoped I was doing the right thing. :cry: I took her back was told by the man in shop he replied 'nothing was wrong and if I werent happy than he would refund me'. I asked him pls get her checked out and ring me back he promised he would, this was a wk ago still get to hear!!! :banghead:

The other female was getting on great seemed happy but yet to eat called her Phoenix! BUT yesterday I noticed she had black specks which I thought was mites today she had them all by her eyes i have tired my best at the moment (see post) till I go to vets or get mite spray tomorrow.
I just wanted to post this to warn others bout this reptile shop im sure Phoenix must of had these mites before my other beardies never had mites in 6 yrs. Can anything been done about this reptile store! Cause just seems strange how 2 beardies seem not right!!!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Ohhh I'm sorry you have had bad luck with them. I will say though I think I have a relative in Cardiff. :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Not sure that it would do any good but you could try contacting your local (if you have one) animal humane society(ASPCA). The problem is that they don't even usually know how beardies should be cared for.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom