People Are So Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to share this little vignette. At work the other day, a coworker was asking me about Campbell Jane. She asked all the typical questions, and then started asking if she ever came out of the cage. I said of course! She gets lots of cuddle time and lots of free roam time. My coworker looked at me like I had said I had plague rats living under the kitchen sink, and said "But aren't you worried about swine flu?" I was honestly so shocked by the idiocy of the question that I couldn't even respond right away. She just kept looking at me, expecting an answer. So finally I had to say "Swine flu doesn't come from lizards." To which she replied "As far as YOU know."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
I toatally know how you feel. Everytime I mention to my neighbor that I'm not feeling 100% that day, she says it's probubly because of all my "freaky lizards". :roll: I just roll my eyes and say yeah it's scaleitis, better not get too close! She doesn't! :banghead:

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
She unfortunately has and trust me her children are just as special as she is! :roll: My 2 beardies were cruzin' the backyard awhile back, and she came out with her daughter to lay in the sun, and when they saw my darlings, they asked me if it was safe for them to be outside while my beardies were "loose, and feeling carniverous". I Told them it was safe as long as they kept all of their vulnerable parts off the ground, and they scurried back into the house! I just shook my head. Later I dropped off some books and printouts on bearded dragons for them to read, but I really dought it will help. They are really dense!

Radioflyr

Hatchling Member
Well we cant all be blessed with brains. Or a little brains I guess.

I feel rather sorry for that "coworker". It is pretty funny though :lol:

-Steve

ddma

Juvie Member
people are weird. my boyfriend and i ran errands today with our crimson red beardie, lots of positve feed back and a couple not so much , one lady snobbishly said to me oh, that just grosses me out. then we pulled up to the drive thru at wendy's, the girl at the window finally realized that i had my beardie on my shoulder, now mind you i was in the passengers seat , my boyfriend was driving, she said omg, backed up from the window , basically went weak in the knees then said to me , is that real ? well duh, i felt like saying no, i'm just a grown woman walking around with a rubber lizard on my shoulder, when i said yes (dumbass) she said is he going to bite me, yeah i'm sitting all the way over here and he's super lizard and he's going to fly thru into your window and bite you. yeah that's what's going to happen, have another drink. jeeze, :roll:

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
ddma":461ed said:
people are weird...then we pulled up to the drive thru at wendy's, the girl at the window finally realized that i had my beardie on my shoulder, now mind you i was in the passengers seat , my boyfriend was driving, she said omg, backed up from the window , basically went weak in the knees then said to me , is that real ?

When I used to take Walker outside on my shoulder, that's the reaction that I got from most people. Do people really think that anyone would tape a fake lizard onto their shoulder and walk down the street? Then again, you never know... As my dad used to say, "it takes all sorts". :roll:

Heisei

Hatchling Member
As I have long said: The stupidity of people is beyond ALL comprehension...

(that's loosely taken from Vegetas quote when speaking of Hercule: "Who is this man? His stupidity is beyond comprehension!") Yes, my anime addiction is WAY past the point of being able to be cured...

Aaron

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
FYI

The swine flu has qualities that appear in flu for Swine Human and Avian. Everyone rememeber the Avian worries...well there ya go.

It really didn't come from Pigs. Its a tri combo virus that can actually hit human, pig and avian qualities in analysis and thus was called Swine for it was closest to that one.

Conjigation: Pig to human or vice versa is very hard. Even Human to human is very hard. If it was not we would be in a lot worse shape than we are with this pandemic.

I do urge anyone with low immune to get the shot though...

On the other side. Where in the love of heaven did this person come from in thinking a Bearded Dragon had anything to do with this?

RoachKill

The greatest risk on infection during a flu outbreak is from being around sick PEOPLE. Your friend may be disturbed by beardies, but her kids are far more dangerous.

Rukii

Juvie Member
Lady's done lost her marbles!!! :p

Swine flu from a bearded dragon. People need to read up a little on things.

I've had a lady tell me to "Put that thing away, What if it goes rampant and starts to attack people?!" Keep in mind, Ruki could fit in the palm of my hand at that time. And like I could "Put him away" Ok, let me just make some room in my pockets.. :roll:

Some people.....

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
The first time I took Alf to my sons school a gentleman was standing there outside the office and the first thing out of his mouth was "Don't you know you can get Salmonella poisoning from that THING?" I assured him that I had done my research because of my son and that if you just wash your hands and use common sense you should be ok. On the other hand,my sister 10 years older than I am wouldn't come ant where near me when she was in from North Carolina the last time (my great neices birthday),even with Alf in her cage I has to get someone to hold her to hug my sister. Yet my nephew in laws grand mother asked me "Will you bring that beautiful critter over here so I can see her better,I even let her hold Alf,I had to be right there because "Granny" isn't very strong and has to have help to walk. She was so interested in Alf and kept asking me questions. I also get the is that thing real question,it makes me want to say "Yes she's real,I gave up carrying toys around when I was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom