Oversized Bsf larva

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just discovered these Bsf larva in my (what I thought was a failed attempt to breed Bsf) breeding box😲🤯My Bsf larva(big one) compared to what I bought online 🤯🤯🤯my mind has just been blown!!!!
Has anyone else seen or experienced this (the smaller ones are what I had ordered which was supposed to be the largest size they have) I’ve never seen or knew that they could grow this large! I had used all organic material and had given up on breeding them so I had completely forgotten about it until I went to clean the breeding box out.

Attachments

• 1229CDB5-125D-44A2-8728-B92B9A6C333A.jpeg
    1229CDB5-125D-44A2-8728-B92B9A6C333A.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 102
  • E8B1ADD6-1C78-41DA-9ECA-CCC3B0C54C4D.jpeg
    E8B1ADD6-1C78-41DA-9ECA-CCC3B0C54C4D.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 73

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So you successfully bred them or you just grew them bigger? Because I used to grow mine bigger how to get a little cricket pin put a layer of Dave's organic. whole grain bread at the bottom with pumpkin or squash Gerber baby food and after a week or two they're like triple the size. I would just burp it daily then you take them out with a strainer rinse them down and Bam.

shay Rehder

Original Poster
I apparently did both without knowing and I didn’t think that they could get that big I haven’t found anything online that says that they can grow to that size

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
yeah try out that baby food and bread has to be organic whole grain though so beardie can eat them. Its really amazing man there use to be a walkthrough by a member on here thats where I got the idea. what were you doing to actually breed them?

shay Rehder

Original Poster
Not much just what I found online… I used old fruits and vegetables as well as food from the fridge I also had worms and mealworms in there afterwards not knowing that there were any Bsf eggs (which the larva ate) in it so I’m going to try to recreate the same environment as before and see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom