Overhydration or parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Hey! So a few times recently, Gabriel has passed stool that is not so well formed and is surrounded by a puddle of liquid. The urates are white and well-formed, but the stool itself is a bit mushy. It doesn't seem to smell any worse than normal, but I can't be sure because sometimes he goes in the bath (when I can't smell anything from it) and sometimes he goes in his tank (which all just sort of smells the same to me - it doesn't seem horribly strong).

Lately, he's been eating a lot of greens, and sometimes fruit (strawberries, these days), and he's also had a few baths in a row because he's going to shed his entire body. Runny stool made me think it might be parasites, but after looking around, it seems like it also might just be overhydration. Anyone have any opinions?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could just be upset stomach. I'd keep an eye on it for a week or two and if it continues to be loose it couldn't hurt to bring a sample to the vet for a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom