Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They've been doing great, so far no more eggs from Venus so thats amazing. Only problem I can think of is me not spending a lot of time with the reptiles anymore, we got a new 10-11 week old goldendoodle puppy named Kyle last Friday and he's been keeping me really busy.
He's great to have around though when he's not biting on you. He's really smart too, on the first day of having him with us I taught him to sit, and now he's got it down really good, also taught him to shake. Still a work in progress but he's pretty good at it.
Also probably the calmest dog I've ever met, rarely barks and when he does it's toward the other dogs, also during fireworks he's completely fine. Last night I had him outside with us on the porch while my grandma lit fireworks in the yard. While our other dogs were barking their heads off he never let out a single sound, just sat there and watched.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also hopefully going to get Oreos 8x4x4 built soon, we were supposed to get it done last week but something came up and we couldn't do it. So i'm hoping next week we will be able to.

There is some bad news, however. Peach had to be put down a few weeks back. I'm still sad about it but I'm just glad that shes not suffering anymore.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Well that's great that Venus hasn't laid any more eggs so far. :) and My Relative has a hyperactive golden-doodle and he seems to be the exact opposite of your dog. :lol: He barks at EVERYTHING, Runs around like a maniac Lol. He really is Crazy, His name is Aspen but we call him Aspirin (Because you'll need some after dealing with him) Lol. :roll: :lol:

and Sorry about Peach (She was your dog, right?). :( I Know how you feel though because we had to put Thor down (organ failure) recently. :cry: It really is very saddening. :cry:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He sounds lovely, Kyle has his moments where he's calm one minute and then wanting to jump and bite all over you the next. I'm waiting for him to get out of his biting stage so I can somewhat introduce the reptiles to him, or at least the beardies and the tegu so he knows they aren't food.
He was really nosey earlier when I was measuring Oreo (the tegu).

It sucks when pets die, especially when they could have lived so much longer. If Im correct she was only about 7 years old.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol Yeah, I've heard that GoldenDoodles are a bit of a handful Lol. It really does suck when they die, But at least they won't be suffering any more and will be in a Better place. :)

With Thor we never really knew much about his age and very little about his past, But we think he was around 2-4 years old. :(

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I was wrong, Venus laid a 5th clutch in the evening on the 6th. 26 eggs in total.
She started digging in her enclosure after I replied so I thought might as well see what happens if I put her in the dig box and sure enough she went straight to digging and soon laid a clutch of eggs.

Luckily she seems perfectly fine so far. I would have said something earlier but I got a tad busy.

Also counted the total eggs left from the 4th clutch. About 15 eggs... about 11 have veins.
38 days old if im correct.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Wow... She truly is a egg laying machine! :eek: I Hope the eggs turn out well. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm down to about 9 eggs now, all have veins. 3 are doing fantastic and have little babies growing inside of them. The other 6, however, I'm a bit concerned with. There are veins but I noticed underneath the eggs there is somewhat of a red-pink mass.

Heres a video of one of the 3 eggs that have babies inside them, this was the first egg to show signs of actual life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9eShiR2puU

And yes, she's definitely an egg-laying machine... 5 clutches so far and she's doing great.

Also managed to get all 3 tanks setup and ready. Temps are great, for the most part in each tank the temps are around this, cool side 80-85, warm side 85-95, basking spot 100-110.
Two of the tanks have UVB lighting, third one still needs it but the fixture should be arriving any day now.

Heres a recent picture of her from earlier today.
image.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Wow. That is an Amazing capture of the developing beardie, :eek: :) and a Red mass in it seems to hopefully just be the newly forming embryo. But I'm not entirely sure. :|

Venus is looking great and Hopefully will make some pretty (and healthy) babies. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
How are the eggs and animals today? :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
How has the eggs and animals been doing lately? Have the eggs hatched yet? How many do you think will hatch? :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Everyones doing pretty good, especially Kyle whos at 50 pounds already at 5 months, our friends 2 year old goldendoodle is only 47 pounds.... he's gonna be a big boy. As he's aged he's gotten even smarter, already knows sit, shake, lay down, speak, wait, stay, sit up, off, leave it, come and then he's learning head down, quiet, heel, cover, and then how to alert. We're thinking about training him to be a service dog eventually so cover and how to alert will be very important to learn and so far he's doing pretty good at it. He does like to pull and he gets easily distracted but I think we can fix that, just will take a bit of work.
Also, cover is basically a command telling him to do DPT, which stands for deep pressure therapy. He's pretty good at it if Im sitting in a chair but if I lay down and try to get him to do it, it doesn't work so well, but practice makes perfect and eventually, he'll get it.
As far as alerting goes I've been teaching him to jump up at me if I begin to breathe heavily at all, which that basically tells me I need to sit down and try and calm down.
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

The eggs have not hatched yet, and sadly all but two remain. The others died. However, I think these two will make it. I did open the eggs that died and the hatchlings looked very healthy so I'm not quite sure why they didn't make it.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That's Cool how well he is taking to training. :D I Hope the rest of his training will go well. :)

and That's sad that only two would seem to remain. :( At least there will be less mouths to feed. :| What did the hatchlings that didn't make it look like? (Just curious) Or was it too early to tell their color/morphs?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Kyles doing great so far, we took him to tractor supply earlier and other than pulling me around and wanting to sniff everything and everyone he did pretty good when I gave him a command despite all the distractions.
For instance, if we were in an aisle and my mom was looking at something I'd tell him to sit and then lay down, and he'd stay in that position for quite some time until we began moving or a kid walked past him. He loves kids. I also practiced how well he can stay, so I'd tell him to sit or lay down, then Id say stay and I'd walk to a different aisle or just far away from him. He did pretty well with that.
He wasn't too happy when we began trying to go out the door though, as soon as he realized we were leaving he pretty much became the most stubborn dog in the world.

I think later tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna practice getting him to not pull. Hopefully, it'll go well.

The hatchlings looked pretty cool color wise, couldn't tell if they had any morph though so whether Venus is het for hypo or trans is still unknown.
Two of the babies sort of looked like Venus when she was younger, they were a dark gray coloration with stripes. And then with the two others, one was a really bright red and then the other is a bit hard to explain but it was light gray in coloration with a very pale yellow stripe going down its back.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Good to hear Kyle is doing good. Hope his training is going smoothly. :)

That's cool how the hatchlings looked. and any yellow stripe how straight was it? If it looked like a bright yellow stripe or two going down the back that was sorta visible then one of your beardies may be het for G-stripe. :eek:

I Sorta forgot, Is there any more fertile looking eggs left or did they all die?

Btw Meet my newest beardie, Rocket. :D
View media item 60405

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Kyle's training is doing fairly well, although he still loves to pull. We got a gentle leader for him to sort of help me control him a bit better, he does pretty well with it on at home but in public, he really wants to run around and meet everyone so he tries to get it off, but he's slowly getting better with it.
I'm hoping to find a trainer soon that can help me with his pulling, healing, and focusing. We're thinking about going to Petco for their adult dog training classes but I'm not too sure yet since I have no idea if they have any experience with service dogs, hopefully, tomorrow when I go there I'll be able to ask them along with a few other questions I have in mind.

He's doing really well with his tasking, I had a few meltdowns recently and he quickly responded to them and rather than taking 30 minutes or more to get out of it, it only took a few minutes. Also finally got him to do DPT while I'm laying down, although its still a work in progress but we're getting there.
Oh and we finally got him some service dog gear. So far it fits him perfectly, and I especially like the pouches because now he can hold small items for me, like my phone, treats money, etc. Right now I currently have some ADA cards and some treats in his pouches. Once he's full grown I'm hoping to get him some dog boots to protect his paws, I'd love to get them now but god they are so expensive and it'd be a pain to get something that costs a lot only for him to quickly outgrow it.
image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image0.jpg

It was two pale yellow stripes going down its back if i remember correctly. The stripes, for the most part, were pretty straight.
All but one egg is dead, and that one egg doesn't seem to be doing so well. It shrunk a tiny bit a few days ago and I dont see any movement now but there are veins. I'm just waiting till it goes bad before I cut it open, the last egg I cut open the baby was severely deformed... so this baby may be deformed as well since both appear to have slower development than the other eggs.

Your beardie is so adorable and has very fitting name. How old?
I'm hoping to eventually get a gargoyle gecko, currently, I'm just waiting on the enclosure to arrive. And then I'll be able to set it up, after its setup I'll monitor temps, let the plants and clean up crew grow, and then hopefully save up enough money to get one. I have my eyes on a red stripe.
red_stripe_auriculatus_2_resized.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom