Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nothings exactly changed other than the red mass inside it has seemed to grow larger, but it's sort of hard to tell what that exactly is. I'd get a picture but it doesn't show up on camera.
It's also collapsed on one side.
It doesn't appear to look good at all but I'm still going to incubate it just in case, other than that theres no mold, no bad smell.

I can't seem to find anything about eggs doing this. Only situation I found was someone had some bearded dragon eggs, a few of them collapsed and appeared to be dead but they still managed to hatched.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Weird.. I Guess then we could just wait and see. Just keep on praying :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It seems Venus may have another clutch to lay, for the past few days she's been extremely active and just now began digging in the corners, her hide.. digging pretty much everywhere.

So time to move the stuff off the lay bin.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Wow... she is an egg-laying machine Lol. I Hope she doesn't lay anymore though. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping she doesn't either, but if she does at least they'll be infertile.

Oh also some exciting news, Saturns getting his 75 gallon soon. We just have to move some things around and build Oreos enclosure (or get another 75 gallon from the dollar per gallon sale..whenever that is).

And then when Saturns moved out Spice is gonna get his tank. She's in a 20 gallon right now, which works for her size but she is outgrowing it.
Basically I have about 4 reptiles to upgrade tanks, Spice, Saturn, Oreo and then Turtle... and then possibly a fifth reptile if that egg hatches.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, I Might also give my beardies the other's hand-me-downs once I figure out who is getting the 75 Gal tank and then upgrade the others later on. It’s still in the works. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well she just started laying eggs in her lay box.. im taking a guess and saying maybe 29 eggs this time? My mom said she thinks 26 eggs instead.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well she finally finished laying, she laid 28 infertile eggs. And lost about 70 grams, seems a bit worn out but overall somewhat active and eating.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
I Think if she keeps laying more eggs she could lay herself to death. :( She also needs a bath. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Guess who may be laying more eggs again... if you guessed Venus... your 110% correct.
She's been extra active lately and just this morning started digging around and near her hide. Although I really hope she's just digging for no reason.

On the bright side, she hasn't had any extreme complications with egg laying yet... although she did poop out an egg a while ago and then was acting pretty strange but then went back to being active and eating like crazy. Watching her every day though to make sure she's doing good.

I need to find a new syringe for her liquid calcium though since she ruined the first one until it was unsafe to use, I had a second one luckily that was for different meds that I never used for her. However, she's already almost demolished the end of that one. I mean they're both still usable just don't want her ingesting any plastic when I do give her liquid calcium.

Also sorry for the lack of posts, I've been a bit busy lately and haven't been able to check the forum as much as I'd like.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm starting to see and feel eggs developing in her for the first time.
She's digging constantly and I've tried putting her in her dig box over and over again every time she digs but she just doesn't dig in there now for some reason. Only digs in her enclosure so to make sure her nails don't get worn down so much and that it's softer in the enclosure I put down towels inside the enclosure.

Other than digging like a madman she's doing good, eating, active, basking and more eating.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Wow,

This can be bad if she keeps on laying. :( Is there any way to get her spayed or something?

and I'm glad that she doesn't appear sick. :) and How's the lone egg doing so far?
Please keep us posted.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm pretty sure you can get them spayed in a way so that they dont lay eggs anymore but I feel like that could be risky with an animal her size.
I've heard of female beardies laying up to 6 infertile clutches or so and being entirely fine and then repeating the process every year so If it's not affecting her health to where she's becoming ill I think she should be fine. Hopefully.

Oh and that lone egg a bit ago I noticed a tiny bit of mold growth on it, also got a better picture of the inside of it and most people I asked said it was definitely dead. Out of curiosity I decided to put it on a plate and open it, turns out that red mass was just a bunch of hard yolk. So that sucks but on the bright side I can focus more on the reptiles I currently have rather than a new little hatchling.

In a few weeks or so we're gonna be building Oreos 8x4x4. Probably out of plywood which I am then going to seal very, very well so there's no issues. Lots of drydock and polyurthane. So that'll be fun, and then once she gets her enclosure Saturn's getting her old 75 gallon and Spice is getting Saturns 50 gallon.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Well I Hope so too that she'll be ok. :D

and That's too bad about the egg. :( But at least it was a good learning experience. :D :study:

and I Hope Oreo likes her new enclosure. Good luck building it. :) I Also need to do some upgrading for the beardie Tanks and add some more stuff to Gizmo's tank (still need to maybe get a 20gal tall for his cage or a good tall screened cage.. I Still Don't know which cage would be best for him yet :?).

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, I have some bad news, not anything about Venus but Neptune got tested for parasites last night and turns out she has coccidia. I gave her, her meds that she was prescribed and to say the least she was not happy at all... I had to bribe her with a superworm for her to even take it.

I believe its called ponazuril, I'm supposed to give her one today (which I already did) and then one again in two days and then after that wait 7 days, give her one and then wait two days and give her some again and then probably go back to see if she's cleared up.

Venus should be dropping her clutch of eggs soon. So far I have probably six towels in her enclosure so she can dig in them, I think I'm gonna add a few more just to make sure she can get underneath them and dig around or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom