Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I threw out the 4 other eggs, they were all slimy, discolored and one had a bit of mold on it.
Also dumped out the substrate inside the container and cleaned it out. I'm planning to use it for when the egg hatches as I believe you have to leave them in the incubator for about 24 hours (I'll have to reread to make sure). I'll probably put damp paper towels in it when the time comes.

Also counted the days till it hatches, it's been about 35 days since she laid them so it should be hatching in 15-45 days. Somewhere around that.
Also found another heat lamp fixture so I can just use that rather than buying another... although I dont like how the reptile fixtures dont spread heat out evenly, I also have bulbs pretty much flowing out of my ears of all wattages so thats good. Just the UVB fixture and bulb is what i'll have to buy.

I'm sure he's happy now, gorging himself on hornworms, superworms and other insects in beardie heaven.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Believe that you're supposed to leave them in the container for at least 24 hours or until their yolk sac is finished up. I'm not too certain but I'm pretty sure that's what you do.

You're lucky to have so many heat bulbs... I Almost never have any backups and all the backups I have are broken Lol. So of course they wouldn't help Lol. :)

and I Hope so too with Thor.. :) The day before We had to put Thor down Daisy some how got into his cage and she just cuddled up next to him which was sweet. :) Even though beardies aren't really social Cisco and Daisy always loved to hang out with Thor and Daisy would sometimes help him find food.. Or she would steal it Lol. :lol:

How's Cinderella and Max doing so far?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Im surprised I dont break any of the bulbs I have, they're either sitting on the floor, a desk or on top of an enclosure. Or just leaning against a wall.

I wish beardies were somewhat social animals. I remember when I had Saturn and Venus together, she always stole his food. He'd go slow and try and get it without making much commotion, and then she'd just run in and eat it. Sort of strange how despite the fact she was a tad smaller than him she was actually the dominant dragon.
I have a video on my phone of the day after I got them during feeding time.
Wish I would have taken more when they were that size but they grew so much.
I'll see if I can try and post it.

Max is feeling much better, same with Cinderella. I keep expecting her to suddenly attack me every time I pet her.. but so far all she wants is cuddles and food.

EDIT- Heres the video link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfNGWMvcNSs
I was not the best at holding a camera when I was younger it seems.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol Daisy and Cisco do that all the time. The videos are nice Btw (I really hope that you got rid of the red bulbs though). and The way you have the bulbs is totally how I have them too Lol.

I Also do wish that beardies were more social.. I Would love to save on space and house like two to three beardies together.. But I won't because that would be a stupid idea and the beardies could get hurt.. I do wish that they would at least get along well. Oh well. :) I Guess that I'll always have tanks to take up space Lol.

and I'm glad that Cinderella and Max are doing better. What happened to the demon dogs that mauled Cinderella in the first place? I Hope that their owners got fined at least..

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I dont even know where the red bulb is in all honesty, I think I used that thing for maybe two days at the most before just taking it out and putting it somewhere.

Yeah , my bedroom is probably 80% tanks, and then 10% of space for me, and then the other 10% is just reptile stuff.

As for the dogs, they haven't found the white one yet but I think next week we're going into court for the brown dog and its owners. Which honestly is terrifying the more I think about it.
Even if the dog doesn't get put down we at least deserve some money to cover Cinderellas vet bills because it was 250 each time my mom took her in, which was about three times... they sure add up quick. We'll just have to see what happens.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, Your room obviously seems a bit full Lol. :lol:

and I definitely think that you should get some money to pay off those vet bills. I Hope that the white dog either got picked up by animal control or something. I Absolutely hate it when dogs are ruthless killing machines that attack innocent people.. It's just horrid. :angry5:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My mom picked up one of the racks today, so we just have to move the tanks off a table, move a few things around in my room and upstairs... then get the table out of here and then we can start setting it up.

Everyone seems to be doing great today, especially Venus... Although lately her appetite has grown more than usual. Last night I was feeding her some crickets, supers and BSFL and she ate them all up and then tried to go for the tongs.. I swear she would try to swallow them if she could. She even went after my finger and hand, she wasn't even being aggressive she was generally acting like she was really hungry...meanwhile she ate like 15 crickets, 3-4 supers and 20 BSFL. Also gave her some greens, and she basically inhaled those.
She's not digging in her tank but last night she started digging on top of my desk.. beardies are so weird..
image.jpg

image.jpg

Took Oreo outside earlier and then my dog tried to take all the attention.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/281126690556477441/439512617980133377/video.mov
And then theres a video but I'm not sure if the link will work or not...

And then just a minute ago I found some more foliage I had underneath the table where most of my reptile stuff is and used it in Spice's tank. And then she decided to come out and see if I brought her, her dinner yet since its feeding day. Pretty sure she was very disappointed in me when she saw I had nothing.
image.jpg

image.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That's great that everyone is doing good! :) and The video did work BTW. Oreo didn't seem to like to harness hmm? and Spice's tank looks amazing! She looks amazing too. :love10:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She tolerates it for a while and then trys to get it off... which luckily she can't but once she starts doing that we normally go back inside and she gets to bask on my desk for the majority of the day until she starts wanting to find a nice place to sleep.

I just got Spice's meal out, its currently warming up in a jar of warm water. I'm pretty sure I may have to move her up a size soon... although I have quite a bit left, probably around 20-30 rat pups. At least they aren't too big so in a couple of months Oreo may be able to help finish the majority off if Spice is moved up a size.

Spice is probably going to need an upgrade soon, shes only in a 20 gallon long right now but she's somewhat outgrowing it. She still fits but length wise she's about 27" and the tank itself is around 30" in length.
I'm hoping her final tank will be a bioactive 75 gallon with lots of cover, plants and climbing areas. The tank should give her enough space to fully stretch out along with being able to explore and have different temperature gradients and UVB levels. Although UVB really isn't needed for BP's I'm sure they benefit from it to an extent.
I have a lot plans for most of my animals enclosures other than the beardies.

image.jpg

This was a picture from a few days ago, snakes can be so cute sometimes.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Spice is soo cute! :D and she's 27" long?? Wow. I thought that she was only 15" or so. Lol. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, so far she's my biggest reptile, Oreos around 24" and then Saturns around 21" right now.
Spice should max out at 5 feet at the very most, but i've heard of some BP's reaching 6 feet.
Oreo should be around 3-4 feet, and then for Saturn he's pretty much done growing.

Also the egg is doing good, all white and plump.. although I misplaced my flash light last night when I was going to candle it but I'll eventually find it.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I take back what I said about the egg, although it looks nice, white and plump turns out on the bottom side there was a bit of stuff going on..
image.jpg

It doesn't smell funny so thats a good sign I guess... but I dont see any veins anymore.. I'm pretty sure thats not mold, taking a guess I might of had the egg on the wrong side and didnt know?

I still have it in the incubator, but looking at it right now it seems it has died definitely.. its becoming discolored and just doesn't look good at all. The white coloring is almost entirely gone.
I guess if I ever breed or have a situation similar to this, I'll at least be prepared and know how to incubate them and everything.

There is slightly good news though, the left over BSFL I had turned into flys... so im going to attempt to breed them. Right now their setup is a 18x18x24 screened enclosure I think... it may be a bit smaller in width and length though. Theres a trash bag covering the bottom and the sides somewhat with reptisoil substrate in there and then a bowl full of greens and fruits for them to lay their eggs in.
And then for light they have a small 75 watt LED bulb.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Oh no! :( I Hope it survives! It kinda looks like substrate. Did you try gently scraping off that dark stuff?

and I Also am having a ton of black soldier flies, I don't know how to breed them and My beardies don't seem very interested in them so I don't know what to do with them. :|

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I tried when I first saw it but its definitely not substrate, I haven't checked on the egg today... I've been busy moving things around to make room for the rack system.
Im glad I had room on the side venus's enclosure is on so I could fit the breeding enclosure of BSFL and Oreos 75 gallon... I still don't know how my weak arms managed to push it to the other side of the room.

Although once that was done I had to move cardboard in front of it as she kept trying to eat the BSFL through the glass and screen. Saturn isnt a fan of eating them, venus and neptune however love them.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
How's the egg doing today? Is it still fertile-ish looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom