Only Crickets... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy4nn3

I am a new beardie mommy and I received Mohave (my beardie) when he was about 8 months old and I have only had him for about a month. The owner before me told me to feed him 20 crickets once a week and a gel food every other night. After my research I found that once a week is definitely not enough for a 9 month beardie! So, I feed him about 20-25 crickets everyday and the gel stuff every other night. I know that he needs to eat more veggies but he either doesn't remember that they are there or that he is supposed to eat them or something. He will eat a few slices of a baby carrot if I hand feed them to him but after that he just ignores me. I have a mix of veggies made for beardies in there but he just ignores it. I even tried to put some on a cricket but then the cricket didn't move and he will only eat a cricket that moves.

All in all, I am asking for advice on how to get my beardie to eat his veggies or any other foods that I need to be getting for him. I am terrified of giving him something to big for him so the worms make me nervous but if someone would tell me the kinds that he can eat for sure, I will feel so much better!

Thanks!

"mix of veggies made for beardies" ? are you feeding him fresh veggies or commercial pellets?

Here is a list of fruits and vegetables that you can choose from to feed to your beardie; it will
give you the nutrition information and what & what not to feed them, as well as how often.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

As for live food their are plenty of options.

Dubia, crickets, silkworks, phoenix/repti worms, hornworms, superworm (only if your beardie is atleast 16" otherwise it can cause impaction), butterworms(treats) and so much more.

At 9 months old he should already be wanting to eat his veggies. Just place a nice veggie salad for him everyday and he will figure it out!

Oh, and don't forget to powder up the live food! Calcium 5 times a week and vitamins twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom