One year old beardie stopped eating greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtara

My bearded eats crickets, but I have started feeding mostly greens quite a while ago. All of a sudden, she will pick out the blueberries, grapes, apples or whatever the fruit of the day is and skip the greens.

I gave her a bowl of greens with no fruit and she ate some slithers of celery, but left the collard and mustard greens.

Her greens are collard greens, mustard greens, and turnip greens.

Any suggestions?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I would just keep offering the greens without the "candy" honestly. Just the greens - no fruit, no celery, nothing else. She'll probably get the picture in a day or two.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the picky world of dragon diets.

My male is like that, and he has always been that way - he is now 5 years old. What I do to get him to eat his greens is starve him for up to 4 days (when he is really stubborn), and then he usually goes for them, as long as there is not "candy" as stated above. Because if I offer blueberries (which are his favorite), or something else as a topping (like worms and such) he will just strategically pick them out.

My female doesn't have this problem. She will eat anything.

-Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom