Ok please no laughing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
This is a serious question, I have heard of beardies having a bit of a puberty phase between 1-3 at any time with various habits formed during such bouts. My question is, has anyone had one that moped about and when let out of the tank displayed and tried to hump various objects and female human family members then try to beat up male family members? Keep in mind, that this beardie was raised without any other beardie present to compare notes with so to speak.... Hes now sulking in his tank because we told him no after all his dancing and mock humping.... :roll:

Oh and if anyone has had this happen what can be done, if anything, to help him out.

SDragons

Juvie Member
OMG that is way to funny.

Ours only turned 1 yr in Jan so we haven't seem this Behaviour yet. I'm interested in what others have to say on it.

My beardie is only one, so none of that "bad boy" behavior yet. My Uromastyx on the other hand has a rock in his tank that he has uh...been intimate with on several occasions, even when we had company over.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LinusTheOrange":33qquruq said:
My beardie is only one, so none of that "bad boy" behavior yet. My Uromastyx on the other hand has a rock in his tank that he has uh...been intimate with on several occasions, even when we had company over.
Draconis is only one but apparently a mature one....

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
oh and he turned one some time earlier this month but his birthday is set on his adoption day which is tomorrow.....:D

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Don't laugh??? You posted this and, gave me one of the best laughs I have had in a while! I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you, lmao!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep , Puff did inappropriate things to cushions, shoes, the carpet edge ridge, the edge of the rug and was very frustrated when his hormones kicked in and made him super horny as teenage and young adult beardie.
He could see (and smell) Rex , but we refused to let them get it off.

Not had this from Toothless yet....but expect similar when his hormones kick in.
At about 9 months old we did have a close call where Peppa suddenly leapt off the lounge onto the floor when Toothless on the floor , he was onto her quick as greased lightning and proceeding to try to mate with her all in the few seconds it took for my wife to scoop the pair up and deposit them onto my chest where I separated them. Poor Peppa never knew what hit her, and Toothless gave me stink eye the rest of the afternoon (LOL).

You have a beardie who thinks you are all beardies too, or he thinks he's a person. All you can do is let him get it out of his system, maybe get him a plastic toy lizard to "have fun with" and let him have lots of time to run about in a safe area of the house.
He'll grow out of this silly superhorny teenage boy beardie stage.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2hyx9c76 said:
Yep , Puff did inappropriate things to cushions, shoes, the carpet edge ridge, the edge of the rug and was very frustrated when his hormones kicked in and made him super horny as teenage and young adult beardie.

Not had this from Toothless yet....but expect similar when his hormones kick in.
At about 9 months old we did have a close call where Peppa suddenly leapt off the lounge onto the floor when Toothless on the floor , he was onto her quick as greased lightning and proceeding to try to mate with her all in the few seconds it took for my wife to scoop the pair up and deposit them onto my chest where I separated them. Poor Peppa never knew what hit her, and Toothless gave me stink eye the rest of the afternoon (LOL).

You have a beardie who thinks you are all beardies too, or he thinks he's a person. All you can do is let him get it out of his system, maybe get him a plastic toy lizard to "have fun with" and let him have lots of time to run about in a safe area of the house.
He has plastic dinos......they arent doing it, though i have caught him humping his creepy kitty (thats her name and we dubbed her his "wife") he wont even get on his bridge unless shes up there!! Heck he can even tell the gender of us humans and tried to scratched at my 9 year olds face (also in puberty so hes tossing out hormones too so that may be a factor) and went to town on my 12 year olds leg and shes also in puberty....ehem can we stop the puberty train before my soon to be 8 year old joins in early please!?!?!?!?!?! Oh and i was being a bit sarcastic Gormagon when i said dont laugh....lol my husband laughed when i told him that the lil horny guy danced for me and was all butt hurt when i said no!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardymama33":dvc4gmz9 said:
kingofnobbys":dvc4gmz9 said:

He has plastic dinos......they arent doing it, though i have caught him humping his creepy kitty (thats her name and we dubbed her his "wife") he wont even get on his bridge unless shes up there!! Heck he can even tell the gender of us humans and tried to scratched at my 9 year olds face (also in puberty so hes tossing out hormones too so that may be a factor) and went to town on my 12 year olds leg and shes also in puberty....ehem can we stop the puberty train before my soon to be 8 year old joins in early please!?!?!?!?!?! Oh and i was being a bit sarcastic Gormagon when i said dont laugh....lol my husband laughed when i told him that the lil horny guy danced for me and was all butt hurt when i said no!!!

Oh you do have your hands full ....

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":ip6ldffa said:
Beardymama33":ip6ldffa said:
kingofnobbys":ip6ldffa said:

Oh you do have your hands full ....
yesw some days i wonder why i fell in love with my bedouin arab hubby.....then he goes and does something like, oh say, get me a beardie, then i can almost get over the early puberty his genes brings! almost.....until draconis is humping everything in sight and the two eldest are throwing shoes at each other.....

This whole thread has me laughing my butt off; until I realize that Linus will be doing the same thing soon. He just turned one in January, so it's probably right around the corner for him.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Omg!!! ??? I'm cracking up!! I really needed this!! Also, lord have mercy on you with all those hormones... lol I pity you right now LOL

Also, King I don't know whether to laugh or *gasp* because you had humping beardie a thrown onto you ??

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
:lol:
(Forgive me -- I'm laughing too.)

I guess I've been pretty lucky by comparison, since so far I've only seen one afternoon of black bearding and head bobbing, and no apparent attempts to "get it off" with inappropriate objects. The funny thing is last year it happened right after the winter solstice (by like one day), so Puff's biological clock was off by at least several months for the northern hemisphere, especially this far north. Nothing so far this year, but we're not out of the woods yet. Spring is coming...

Our snake, on the other hand, usually gets a bad case of "spring fever" right around ground hog day, and this year is no exception. Hyperactive and anorexic -- when we try to feed him he looks at us like "Wrong one of the 4 F's, folks. Drop a lady snake in here and see what I do." :wink:

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":tkszjkvv said:
:lol:
(Forgive me -- I'm laughing too.)

I guess I've been pretty lucky by comparison, since so far I've only seen one afternoon of black bearding and head bobbing, and no apparent attempts to "get it off" with inappropriate objects. The funny thing is last year it happened right after the winter solstice (by like one day), so Puff's biological clock was off by at least several months for the northern hemisphere, especially this far north. Nothing so far this year, but we're not out of the woods yet. Spring is coming...

Our snake, on the other hand, usually gets a bad case of "spring fever" right around ground hog day, and this year is no exception. Hyperactive and anorexic -- when we try to feed him he looks at us like "Wrong one of the 4 F's, folks. Drop a lady snake in here and see what I do." :wink:
i made a reptile store woman smile at the thought of draconis humping everything.....we got him some of the african wood for tanks and terrariums but he finds it very soothing all the same.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Reptiles sometimes get confused on whats appropriate. I have had bearded dragons think my hand looked romantic...which i didn't find amusing at all.
Looking back on it though it is kind of humorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom