Odie's intro (pics on page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Congrats Nick! Odie is absolutely stunning! Very pretty colors!
So what are you feeding your little fella? How often do they have to be fed?
btw... love his name :D

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He is eating crickets for the most part. They don't and almost never will, eat any greens. Some species of chameleons do, but not the panthers.
He probably eats 12-20 a day

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I have been tempted by male panthers before, but have only ever had one beardy, im not sure i would know hoe to look after one properly, are there any similarities/ differences?? in behavior i mean, i know they have TOTALLY different needs!

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The care is definitely different. However, with a bit of research, I honestly don't think it is any harder than a bearded dragon. As far as behavioral, tons. These things are not a pet that you want to handle all the time like our dragons. They are a gorgeous and fascinating animal to watch though. I think it is a good idea to at least get the animal used to being handled a little bit in order to get it used to coming out for purposes of cleaning and making cage changes. They are not a friendly animal. While not really aggressive, they are defensive.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
id heard that they dont like contact to much, more of a sit and watch pet, not a snuggle pet! i dont think my other half would be able to keep his mits off lol!

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
What an acrobat!

4406305027_9cb55bea33_o.jpg

4406301025_0ba54c390b_o.jpg

4406300967_208f2cd113_o.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
How's life with Odie? You need to get a pic or video of him eating for us. I know they have incredibly long tongues.
It's amazing what they can do with that tail! He is a stunner, for sure! :D

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":7fe15 said:
How's life with Odie? You need to get a pic or video of him eating for us. I know they have incredibly long tongues.
It's amazing what they can do with that tail! He is a stunner, for sure! :D

Life with Odie is good...

I have had to make a few cage changes to get everything right. He is slowly getting used to me and doesn't run away when I open the cage anymore. I think he is finally seeing me as the bringer of food. :lol: I really hope in the next week or so, to start working on hand feeding and trying to get that trust level up.

He is quite comical though and has even picked his favorite sleeping spot. The exciting part about the sleeping spot is that it is pretty much in the open so it is showing me that he feels safe in his new home.

I will definitely get some video of him feeding one of these days!

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I am going to try and grab a sleeping shot this week. His colors are very soft and tropical when he sleeps. They remind me of a tropical snow cone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom