Fat diposits just doubled in size within 15 minutes - what’s the deal?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I just fed Leo his super worms (4 medium) but within like… 15 minutes the fat disposits beneath his arms just doubled in size! I swear, he wasn’t fat earlier but now he’s got some serious beardie boobs going

4 medium superworms shouldn’t have made him fat in such a tiny amount of time, is he just inflated? I am so confused, is he fat now? His weight hasn’t changed from yesterday when he didn’t have beardie boobs.

Is this just nothing and I’m being rediculous? But why, all of a sudden? *tired sigh* I’ll wait for tomorrow to see if he still has them but why? Why today? Why now? How? That’s what I’d like to know.

Pics in the comments

Last edited:

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1695844224976.jpeg

Just look at the base of his tail? And those thick thighs? They seem perfectly proportioned to me, not too fatty in the slightest, right?
1695844343461.jpeg

And those fat pads? They’re slim and squishy, I’ve noticed his neck was a bit thicker than it used to be but I thought it was just him filling out.

I looked into it a bit and it says it could be fat storage, right? But why does it out proportion everything else about his body? Asides from the beardie boobs of course.
1695844476749.jpeg

And here? It’s the angle that makes him look thick, he was also pancaking a bit but he doesn’t seem fat? Is it just because I fed him? He hasn’t eaten crickets yet.

All he ate was a salad mixed with a tiny bit of scrambled egg and 4 superworms, that’s not enough to make him bloat! I am suriously confused, is he fat or not?

These are hot fat deposits now:
1695844755156.jpeg

1695844773884.jpeg

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

He is a good looking colorful boy! He is well hydrated, but not fat. How old is Leo?
If the fatpads puffed up that quickly, he is just well hydrated. Have they gone back down in size?

Tracie

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hello!

He is a good looking colorful boy! He is well hydrated, but not fat. How old is Leo?
If the fatpads puffed up that quickly, he is just well hydrated. Have they gone back down in size?

Tracie
Hi,
He is 8 months old at the moment. His fat pads look the same as always, his underarms haven’t gone back to normal yet

Last edited:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Sometimes it's water and other times you will find when they get older, they are storing it for later.
Leo looks good to me too.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom