Odd paw! (photos, had beardie for 5 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

Juvie Member
So I did my weekly cleaning where I sanitize everything etc.. and I noticed something I haven't noticed before... Her one paw is a tad swollen and greyish instead of her normal yellow.. The scales are also completely flat.. Her appetite is fine and she is happy.. The tank is per normal, 105 degree hot spot, 78 in the cool end, she is flirting with my male that she can see after I moved they are across the room and talk daily. I am thinking that maybe I should block the view, but I don't thin that has anything to do with her paw. I work in a vets office now but none of them is really skilled with beardies, so worse comes to worse Ill take her to Dr Monaco whos usually the one who sees my reptiles when ill (knock wood never so far). She is 5 years old, she gets new UVB every 6 months I use the zoo med 10.0 like I always have.. I bathe her almost daily, she gets collard greens, turnip greens, a few crickets, roaches sometimes, dandelions, butternut squash.. Lately its been mostly collard greens as she favors them, she picks it out.. I give her calcium supplement two times a week.

Let me know if something is off, I have had her since hatchling so I don't know what has happened. I have brought in new lizards but wash hands between handling, and none of the others are having similar issues. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

67923_10200326734122952_1927320967_n.jpg

And this was after the bath, I mean she looks so healthy.. Am I missing something? I wonder how long her paw has been like this :(

Her head is going into shed, I know that much.. That is the normal look for it.. But the rest :(
I am worried mom now..
45548_10200326763203679_291460539_n.jpg

67940_10200326765163728_873914047_n.jpg

45548_10200326763203679_291460539_n.jpg

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I showed vicky420 she thinks its a shed.. Now Ive never seen a shed like that on her.. She usually pops her whole body 1 2 3.. so Hopefully that is all that it is (and I look like an ***** but that I am ok with).. Ill follow vicky's advice but if anyone think its anything else let me know!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, it's just going to shed, it's very common for beardies to have uneven sheds, sometimes just one foot, sometimes all 4. Sometimes the whole head, sometimes just the snout....pretty crazy looking at times but nothing to worry about.

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks I hear ya.. She usually just does it in order.. always have.. so this really threw me off..
It would be head, body, feet and tail basically.. This is the first time shes only done one foot.. yeah Im a worry wart, thanks for calming my fears! LOL

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that will most definitely be a shed. How long has it been like that?
Sometimes they can shed in just one area & not the other. They tend to do that when they get a little older.

Tracie

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I dont know exactly how long it was like that but now the foot is normal. Ive never seen her do that before, it was so odd.. You learn something new every day!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad everything turned out fine. Let us know if you need anything. :D

Tracie

Monkey

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you sweetheart...

So far so good.. I love my little beardies... I have had this girl for 5 years and raised her since hatchling. I would hate for something to happen to her... She should have a few good years left in her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom