Not liking crickets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briannamarie

I recently got a new bearded dragon, and at first I tried giving him crickets which he didn't seem to
eat but, I just took it as though he was still settling. -- That's when I began offering a "salad" (collard greens,
mustard greens , ect) and ever since then he's only taken to eating the salad. He just doesn't seem to like
crickets ? is this going to be a problem or is it okay for him to just continue eating as is without the crickets ?
Please help. :?:

Melody12

Hatchling Member
How do you feel about Dubia Roaches? (I'm not a fan of roaches, but he/she does need some protein.) How old is s/he?

Or you can go with silkworms, hornworms, reptiworms.

Wait a second. There's also relocation stress if you just got him. Give him some time to acclimate to his surroundings.

w0554096

Juvie Member
Hello,
Dragon's do experience relocation stress, as the previous poster mentionned where they may eat little to no food.
However, if he's eating his salad, he is probably hungry. Some dragons are not raised on crickets, and take awhile to start recongnizing them as food. Other's simply do not like them, in which case you will need to find another feeder that he will eat.
Dubia roaches are a great staple feeder, and are easy to breed for a steady supply of feeders, though they do take a few months to get a colony up and running. They are also illegal to have in some areas, such as Canada, and I believe Florida (could be wrong on Fl). There may also be a few other states where they are prohibited, so you would need to look into that if you decide to go with them as a staple feeder.
Silkworms and Phoenix worms (also called calciworms or reptiworms) are also very good staple feeders for yoru dragon.
All feeders are cheapest to buy online in bulk.

If you're in the US, I'd reccomend checking out lindasgonebuggie.com. They sell some combo packs usually for around 20$ where you can try a few different feeders, and find out what your beardie prefers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom