Not eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help! Agave's eaten one cricket today, and no greens. Nothing else. Just one cricket. He also hasn't been eating much the past few days, but he ate more than one. How can I get him to eat? And what's happening? Is he sick?

lonelysnek

Original Poster
destiny1998":1fkhldrx said:
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up?
Zoo med uv light,ten gallon tank, i think his heat lamp is the same brand, a branch for basking and a hide. We also have a thermometer

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answering. He might be too hot. A ten gallon is way too small. He needs a bigger tank to get proper temps. What are you using g to take the temps? If it's one of those stick one those are very inaccurate. Also if you have a compact or coil uvb those cause appetite and lethargy problems. You want a reptisun. 10.0 tube 18 inches is plenty long. To take the temps you want a temp gun or a digital with a wire probe. Can you post a picture?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would get as large of a tank as you can so you can buy nice equipment (lighting) for it and keep it for a long time. You can have these custom built, or buy a 36x18x18 (which is a bit small IMO), or build your own which is the most cost effective route. This is a popular model to go by https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom