Not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusebaum

So, one of our girls is not eating. We just made them these new, beautiful tanks (5 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet), and we moved them in there a few days ago. Their temps are perfect throughout and they have reptisum 10.0. They are on a tile substrate and she poos pretty regularly, and nothing looks wrong with it to me. She has been with her "sister" (I have no idea whether or not they're actually sisters as I got them from a neglectful owner who didn't know anything about anything, lol) for their entire lives. They are coming up on three years old now. She is super active, no black beard, no gaping, no lethargy or anything but she will not eat. She isn't even interested. I feed them separately so that no one is taking all the food. We give a variety of greens, squash, and sometimes other veggies (which she may be eating as we don't feed that separately but give a giant pile so I know that they can both have some), but when I try to give her dubias, superworms, or whatever live feeder, she shows no interest. We soak her usually 2+ times a week but I have been doing it more now that she hasn't been eating. Could it just be relocation stress? She is still plump as can be. So, since there are no other signs of illness, should I just give it time. And how much time should I give? Sorry for this hugely long explanation, but we've never had this problem with any of our fatties, they usually will eat and eat and eat some more. :lol:

Sheena

They should be seperated. Beardies don't hang out with each other in wild because they only come together to mate.

Seperate them and see if it helps.

fusebaum

Original Poster
I know many people who have had females together for their whole lives who lived happily and healthy. I am not worried about them being housed together. I have had them for over a year and this has never happened and they were housed together their entire lives before we got them and have always eaten. I guess my question was more how long should is normal for them not to eat from relocation stress. It has only been 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom