not eating well

Status
Not open for further replies.

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you so much! I thought she was gonna die when she eye bulged!! SHe was not very active at all today. Ate about 7 small crix and 2 bites of greens. She just basked all day. She did poop for the first time in her bath, which makes for very easy cleanup! I hope she makes it a habit! She seems very sleepy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No problem. Yeah the eye bulging is pretty wild.
I hope her appetite picks up & she is more active for you tomorrow.
Yes, it is definitely easier when they go potty in their bath. :D
Keep me posted on her.

Tracie

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello, just updating on Frankie. She seems to be lazy as normal. Most of the time backing. SHe's averaging 12 small crickets a day, which I know for a Juvie is not much at all! She will be taking the last of her medicine today. Honestly, I have not seen a huge improvement. She refuses to eat in her feeding tank, but acts so hungry, and holds out til my husband hand feeds her. BATTLE OF THE WITS! I figure, eventually she will be hungry enough sitting in that tank and she will eat. Am I right? She's still getting a good soak everyday and pooping once to twice a day. SHe is pouting right now in a corner because she hasn't ate any crix today in her feeding tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, she is spoiled now, being handfed. That will take awhile for her to get past that I hate to say. She will eventually get over that though but once she gets hungry enough she will eat. Do you offer her food several times a day?
So she is pouting huh? I believe it. :D It is amazing that they really do pout like a child. They do that so they can get their way.
I hope she starts feeling better as soon as she is done with the last dose of medicine.

Tracie

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Really? I feel like I'm at my wits end. SHe only ate 14 small crickets..out of hand. SHe watched them run by her. Studied them in a small tupperware bowl I held under her, and then ate furiously when my husband hand fed her. She ran through the baby food but didn't eat it, wouldn't touch yellow squash or her greens, and she has been going to bed earlier and earlier every night. As usual, mostly basking under her light :banghead: I am hoping this is just something that takes time. My husband is worried that she needs nutrition while on the medicine, but yesterday was her last day on meds, so is now a good time to take a stand on hand feeding?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, she definitely would rather be handfed then if that is how she is eating. Did you give probiotics while she was on her meds then? She does need nutrition & fluids during medication rounds it can be particularly harsh on the system.
Keep offering her greens & veggies & try to get some babyfood slurry into her with a dropper or a syringe daily just to help her out.
If you still have to handfeed her for awhile, that is fine. Give her some time to get past this phase.
Are you giving calcium as well?

Tracie

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes, I am giving clacium. Yesterday she had 20 handfed crickets. If it were one of your dragons and they were just days off the meds, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom