Not eating much and not eating his greens! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Well, i've had Buddha for around 3 weeks now i think, maybe more.

And while he has gotten better at eating his locust (he generally eats 1-3 everyday, when i first got him he'd eat 1 every 2-3 days, so it is SOME improvement) but, is this enough? they are medium sized locusts and aren't developing wings or going that yellow colour yet.
It looks like enough, but i've seen other peoples beardies eating loads.
Also, he doesn't tend to chase his food, once or twice i've seen him run a little and catch his food, but most of the time i need to break the back legs off the locust and nudge it so it will crawl right past/towards him and then he'll eat it, is this normal? I was guessing it had something to do with the fact it is winter and he might be eating less as a result?

As the title says, he doesn't eat his veg at all, he has mustard greens, spinach and another plant i totally just forgot the name of as his salad atm and he doesn't touch it. When i first had him the first thing he ever ate was a tiny bit of lettuce, and i saw him once kinda nibbling at his veg a bit, but he never ate any, i've tried making it seem alive/ putting it in front of his nose/ standing him in the veg bowl but he just doesn't take interest? :/

A little off topic, but he doesn't really go to the cool side of his tank at all, the nearest he gets is on top of his log hide (in the middle of the tank) or inside it.

Any help, advice and/or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Chris.

Damkat

I tried to add things to the veggies to make them more appealing as my girl does not like her veggies as well. I have put in some chopped up crickets in a can, added some strawberries, and even added some apple baby food(mixed with a little water and calcium) to make a "dressing" for her greens. She has seemed to take more of a interest when i do these things!!

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom