Not eating. Baby food? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukii

Juvie Member
We've been trying to feed our two new babies Natsu and Ziggy, but they show no interest in anything! We've had them for one week so far. Every once in a while one of them will eat 1-3 crickets and then not even look at another. Some days they won't eat any. We've bought them waxworms, and they don't even give them a glance. So now, we've been feeding them baby food, which they just lick at for about 10 minutes. It's the only thing they eat. We use vegetable, chicken, fruit, etc mixed with the vitamin and calcium powder. We've also been bathing them once every other day. We give them fruit and greens daily in their vivs but neither even go near it. Is it still relocation stress, since neither are eating? How long is it ok to feed them just baby food until it's just not enough? We stopped using the UVB bulb we had since it was the compact coil. We're just waiting for money to get a new fluorescent tube and fixture. :oops: Could that be the issue? I hope this blows over. They can't just eat a few licks of baby food every day :cry:

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Relocation stress can be an issue for about 2 weeks. i know it is stressful! Beardie eating habits never stop stressing me out haha. Whether it be hunger strikes or relocation stress. Either way, just wait it out and keep them hydrated. I know you've probably already been asked this, but are they in the same tank? A lot of people on this forum highly suggest that beardies have their own cages. They are very unpredictable when it comes to their own species. Good job and taking out the coil bulb. If you get the chance, and it's warm enough where you are. Take them outside for a bit and let them soak up the natural UV rays. It's super good for them and it's cute to see them explore or just stare at everything wondering what it is! I believe every 10 minutes is equivalent to about an hour under a UV bulb, someone please correct me if that is wrong.

Rukii

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They're not caged together. I went through the same thing with my two 1-year olds. But it still freaks me out :p We'll take them out a lot more once this cold breeze dies down :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom