Not Cut Out For This

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I said when I first joined this site that I was going to try to better myself as a bearded dragon owner. To take better care of my lizard.
I removed particle substrate from my bearded dragon's tank, tried to offer greens instead of insects, sexed him, looked up tutorials...
Though I love my Tex dearly, I think it's time to consider the idea that I may not be cut out for the Bearded lifestyle. As a student, I don't have the time; as an owner, I don't have the experience; as a person, I'm not sure I have the patience. I'm going to keep trying, but I really need to consider the option of giving up or selling my lizard.
Thus, I was wondering if anyone could let me know of any programs I could contact or websites I could go on to try and find a place to give my lizard to. If the mom and pop pet store I got him from was still open, I would go there, but it got taken over by PetSmart, and I simply don't trust that place. I want to make sure he goes to a good home.
Sorry if this is in the wrong topic section. I didn't know what else to pick.

If you live in Georgia in Austell there is a place called Animart, a good local place you can trust with your beardie, the beardies there get adopted quickly.
Sorry if you said where you live and I didn't see it lol.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Oh please don't give up on him, he is attached to you whether you realize it or not. You know his needs, his likes and, his dislikes. He will feel abandoned and alone with strangers in an unfamiliar place. Poor guy will be crushed. I have only had Peaches for about three months and, I don't think I could do that, no matter what the reason. She depends on me for her needs and to find someone I could trust to even pet sit her (to my standards which are very high) would be next to impossible.
What I am trying to say is hang in there, it will all become second nature to you before long.

ghostinstinct

Original Poster
KirkHammet101":38ftl9v4 said:
If you live in Georgia in Austell there is a place called Animart, a good local place you can trust with your beardie, the beardies there get adopted quickly.
Sorry if you said where you live and I didn't see it lol.
No, that's my bad. I'm in Northern NJ right now. I never said.

ghostinstinct

Original Poster
Gormagon":21co49lx said:
Oh please don't give up on him, he is attached to you whether you realize it or not...it will all become second nature to you before long.
I appreciate your care and kindness and I understand that for some people it gets better after the first few weeks. I've been his owner for a few years. I do not think I'm suited for this, and I think it's likely he'd be happier in someone else's home.
I have been heartbroken over this idea for quite some time. I don't think it will become second nature to me, and trying to persuade to me that it will is not going to help. All it will do is aggravate the feelings of guilt and sadness I've been feeling over this for many weeks.
Please do not try and persuade me to keep him on this post. I might change my mind before I find the right place to give him to, but please do not try and convince me.
Thanks.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
If I was closer, I would take him in, in a heartbeat. Of course I would have to build him a new home and all the fix'ns as well but, Denver is a long way from western Kentucky. I just hope someone here will take him in and, not some rescue place (though they are good, the animals don't receive the individual attention that beardies crave). I just hope he gets a kind and nurturing home.

ghostinstinct

Original Poster
Gormagon":f9oi243y said:
If I was closer, I would take him in, in a heartbeat. Of course I would have to build him a new home and all the fix'ns as well but, Denver is a long way from western Kentucky. I just hope someone here will take him in and, not some rescue place (though they are good, the animals don't receive the individual attention that beardies crave). I just hope he gets a kind and nurturing home.
So do I.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Have you made a post in the free section? It would be a good idea, make sure you list your location and put up a couple pics of your guy.
You should be able to search for reptile rescues in your area. Just make sure you research them before handing him over, ask plenty of questions about his care while they have him and about the adoption process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom