No to HR669 or kiss your Bearded Dragons goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The only thing that should you guys should be annoyed w/ is that a minority group is trying to take away your freedom of choice.

If that's really how you feel, not only is it sad I'd rather not hear any crying come Thursday if god forbid they pass HR669. At that point if you live here in the US it's only a matter of time before they have the second bill to take away the existing animals you posess.

-Ian

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Honestly we get the point. There's a ton of threads about this on any reptile board you go on. If they want to pass the bill they're going to pass it regardless of what the public wants. Sad but true. All the public can do is go out and show that they don't agree with the bill, and go from there.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ihaggerty1313, I'm sure we all agree that this is a very important issue but I feel it could have been handled differently from the beginning. I think the Administrator would have been interested in what you had to say and may have even made a more official post regarding this HR669 if you had sent a private message to either him or one of the moderators. By posting so many threads, it is obvious that it has annoyed some members here so it hasn't received the attention it deserves. If you want to type something up and forward it to Alex or one of the moderators, then we can discuss it and see where it leads. Is totally up to you where you want it to head from here.

Menolly

Juvie Member
Tomorrow it is just going into committee...Do you have any idea how long a bill actually takes to pass...a long time. Not to mention that companies like petco and petsmart would not allow that to happen. They probably already have the politicians pockets lined with cash. There's no way that would be able to pass, especially with the way the economy is in an economic downturn. The government wouldn't risk putting that many people out of a job because there would definitely be mass riots. I don't think Obama or our ruling bodies are that stupid. At least I hope our ruling bodies aren't, Obama seems like a sharp guy with a dog of his own. I doubt up would be that unsympathetic.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ihaggerty1313":1c954 said:
If any of you have not heard of HR669 than you gotta see this to believe it! For those of you who have than you know what I'm talking about. I don't even know if I put this in the correct forum but as far as I'm concerned it should be in every forum and I'll post it there to make sure.

Click this link. Click on "Do Something Now". Follow the directions to send an e-mail. Do it once a day and call your rep once a day. If we don't thwart this bill THIS THURSDAY APRIL 23rd you can kiss your Bearded Dragons goodbye! Because owning one will become a felony in the United States of America!

nohr669.com

And pass this on RIGHT NOW to ALL your e-mail lists. Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, Digg.... Call your moms... Tell your wives, kids, cousins, brothers, sisters... And make sure that they do it ONCE A DAY!!!

Thanks guys!

-Ian
diamc":1c954 said:
Ihaggerty1313, I'm sure we all agree that this is a very important issue but I feel it could have been handled differently from the beginning.

Arguement over. Done, please erase this thread. But before you do. Look over the original post that I've quoted, and aside from the "spamming" you tell me what it is that is unprofessional about this post.

Like what GoFast had previously posted.
GoFast":1c954 said:
Too much of anything Ian, is never a good thing. By you posting this same thing 10 different times in 10 different places after it has already been beaten to death since i first posted it a couple months ago is just downright annoying and actually makes me, and I am sure others, just want to ignore the whole thing and that is sort of counter productive wouldn't you say?
Wow, I didn't know that GoFast was the only one w/ an opinion and appointed by Beardeddragon.org to be the ONLY one that could post anything about HR669. Obviously the "spamming" issue takes precident over HR669 here on the board so I apologize for making the single biggest mistake and "spamming" your board. And just like the minority subcommittees who are a small but powerful minority in politics, I have seemed to annoy a small but powerful minority of users here on the board.

Am I a little irritated? I wasn't before but now? Yep I sure am.

A: Because I've consistantly done my best to efficiently help those people who had questions on this board pertaining to their Dragon. And in return I get slapped in the face when I speak my mind and make one little mistake.

B: A few of you only like to read and hear what you want to.

I know being an administrator on a board this big is quite a bit of work, so I will bring it to their attention that we probably should have had a banner of some kind flying high in opposition to HR669 or to support The USARK smack on the front page. And yes, I overlooked bringing it to the attention of the "people in charge" here on Beardeddragon.org due to the fact that I've been printing letter after letter off of The USARK and getting people to sign and address them so that I could mail them to Tom Wolfe for Thursday's big throw down in congress (my last batch went out today by express overnight mail). And if you've known that you needed to send out your letters and haven't than shame on you.

Bottom line is that I belong to too many forums and I don't have time to think of everything for them or I'D be a moderator for a couple of them. I don't think I've handled one response on this thread less than professional even though a few of you wanted to push my buttons.

Thank you,
-Ian

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Menolly":888c7 said:
Tomorrow it is just going into committee...Do you have any idea how long a bill actually takes to pass...a long time. Not to mention that companies like petco and petsmart would not allow that to happen. They probably already have the politicians pockets lined with cash. There's no way that would be able to pass, especially with the way the economy is in an economic downturn. The government wouldn't risk putting that many people out of a job because there would definitely be mass riots. I don't think Obama or our ruling bodies are that stupid. At least I hope our ruling bodies aren't, Obama seems like a sharp guy with a dog of his own. I doubt up would be that unsympathetic.

Sorry I was posting when you posted this. I was hoping to get to this great point you made about Petco, and Petsmart but was sideswiped. Plus I'm a little annoyed right now and lost my train of thought about 10 responses ago... I just think we should do everything in our power to make sure that we don't have to rely on the same government who frequently makes bad decisions for us, to decide if HR669 is should go into effect or not. I hope we speak loud enough and clear enough to just bury this issue come Thursday.

-Ian

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
oh my goodness Ian. Get over yourself. If you read what I posted and actually came up with the conclusion that I am the only one allowed to post about HR669 then you need to get back to school and learn a bit more about reading comprehension. You say you don't have time to "think of everything" but yet you have time to post the same exact post 10 different times in 10 different places.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
as an alternative starting countless threads about it, why not do like many others have and just put it in your signature line? This way the more you post, them more the word gets spread without annoying people?

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey GoFast, if you ever decide to stop whining over this spamming issue and shooting me useless insults about my reading comprehension than maybe.... just maybe you could come up w/ more quality ideas like this.

GoFast":8e79f said:
as an alternative starting countless threads about it, why not do like many others have and just put it in your signature line? This way the more you post, them more the word gets spread without annoying people?

-Ian

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
:lol:

See how good I am? I was able to "insult" you AND come up with that good suggestion.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
BrittanyS":183b1 said:
WOW. Stop beating the issue to death. It's just getting annoying. This is about the 10th post about HR669.

Yes your right dear. I think that you've hit the nail on the head. This thread has been beaten to death and though I was hoping to turn it around and debate this whole HR669 thing to keep my own personal moral up and give others some hope as well... Certain people find it more important to try to impose their beliefs on the thread and ruined it for everyone. So as for the few of you who find it amusing to bash people on here w/ opinions? Just remember that this is a public forum and everyone can read your posts. I think your comments compromise the integrity of this whole board way more than a little spamming incident that half the people on here missed anyway.

-Ian

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is a reminder to all members that have posted in this thread. Below is the Site Policy that was written by Alex, the Administrator. Every member on this forum should be aware of all site policies, so please re-read all the detailed info below.

As we regularly seem to encounter people being rude to others in varying degrees and ways, this policy is being defined to make it clear that this will not be tolerated. Rude behavior will now be handled by temporary banning users from logging into the site (you can still read public areas). Repeat offenses or more severe offenses will result in increased period of ban time. Attempts to circumvent bans (ie. registering with another account) will result in a permanent ban on you IP address/subnet. Public rudeness and attitude to moderators attempting to enforce site policies, or ignoring their warnings in threads will also be met with a temporary ban and treated more severely.

Examples of rudeness (not limited to these):
- Making fun of someone's spelling
- Calling someone a name
- Implying another member is stupid
- Unfriendly sarcasm
- Attacking someone seeking help, for other aspects of their care practices

There are polite and friendly ways of addressing all of the above. I do not find it acceptable that new members decide to leave after only a few posts, because they were jumped on for flaws in their care practices, or were made to feel stupid because they didn't know various things. I do not find it acceptable that what could have had the potential to be a good discussion or debate, degrades into bickering or unfriendly arguments. I also do not find it acceptable that rudeness on one person's topic often results in derailing the original posters thread.

If you cannot post something politely, don't post it at all.

The definition of what is and is not "rude" will be left up to the moderators and myself. This is to avoid people saying "it wasn't intended" or saying people just misunderstood. When it comes to deciding whether you think something is or is not rude, do not think of what you would find to be rude. Ask yourself if we (moderators and I) would consider it rude. If it's questionable, err on the side of caution. If you don't try to push things to the limit, you won't find yourself getting in trouble for it.

As always, if someone is being rude to you or to another, you are NOT to get involved yourself. This is not your role here. If you want to do something about it, report it, and leave it at that. Getting involved in a dispute risks having you also be warned/banned, so just stay out of it and let us deal with it. "They started it" will not be an acceptable excuse.

First offense will result in a warning via a PM that will also direct you to this policy (that way everyone gets one chance to be made aware of the policy). Subsequent offenses will result in a temporary and escalating ban (ie. 1 day, 3 days, etc.).

[Added 11/17/07]
Members are not to publicly point out others as being rude. Ever since this policy was defined I'm seeing a number of members using that accusation as a tool of "control", effectively using it as a threat, or a manipulation. If someone is being rude, report it. I believe I've already said that members should not attempt to moderate other members, and that includes deciding what does and does not fall under this policy.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Ihaggerty1313":ec23d said:
BrittanyS":ec23d said:
WOW. Stop beating the issue to death. It's just getting annoying. This is about the 10th post about HR669.

Yes your right dear. I think that you've hit the nail on the head. This thread has been beaten to death and though I was hoping to turn it around and debate this whole HR669 thing to keep my own personal moral up and give others some hope as well... Certain people find it more important to try to impose their beliefs on the thread and ruined it for everyone. So as for the few of you who find it amusing to bash people on here w/ opinions? Just remember that this is a public forum and everyone can read your posts. I think your comments compromise the integrity of this whole board way more than a little spamming incident that half the people on here missed anyway.

-Ian

I could be wrong Ian, but I don't think that she was supporting you here. The problem with your whole desire to "debate this whole HR669 thing" is that it has been debated on this forum many many times already and people are tired of seeing it. It seems like somebody posts a new thread about it everyday and it is very annoying. So when you posted it 10 times in 5 minutes it really set some people off, including myself. I don't think my comments compromise a thing on this board. As a matter of fact, you need to eat some humble pie and realize that it is in fact YOUR actions that have compromised the integrity of this board.

Also, you don't have to make passive accusations and innuendos about me. I know who the "few of you" is referring to and you can just say me. It's ok, i don't get upset, offended or threatened by this stuff. This is just a little debate and a difference of opinions. No need to take this internet business too seriously.

Now I would have stopped with this thread and will stop when you stop trying to victimize yourself and displaying this self-righteous posts. or until it gets locked.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
It's posted, and been posted to death. Enough. I know that I am sick and tired of hearing about this, and there have been more than enough posts on it. This post just needs to be locked because the original poster can't take the fact that we didn't like him spamming the whole board with the same post over and over again, and then people telling him that there were already posts on it. I say lock the post, it's getting annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom