No to HR669 or kiss your Bearded Dragons goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
If any of you have not heard of HR669 than you gotta see this to believe it! For those of you who have than you know what I'm talking about. I don't even know if I put this in the correct forum but as far as I'm concerned it should be in every forum and I'll post it there to make sure.

Click this link. Click on "Do Something Now". Follow the directions to send an e-mail. Do it once a day and call your rep once a day. If we don't thwart this bill THIS THURSDAY APRIL 23rd you can kiss your Bearded Dragons goodbye! Because owning one will become a felony in the United States of America!

nohr669.com

And pass this on RIGHT NOW to ALL your e-mail lists. Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, Digg.... Call your moms... Tell your wives, kids, cousins, brothers, sisters... And make sure that they do it ONCE A DAY!!!

Thanks guys!

-Ian

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Is there a reason you're posting this in EVERY forum on this board? There are SEVERAL threads about this same topic already. Quit spamming the board with it! :roll:

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mistyck":60c61 said:
Is there a reason you're posting this in EVERY forum on this board? There are SEVERAL threads about this same topic already. Quit spamming the board with it! :roll:

Here's an idea.. It should be the ONLY topic on EVERY REPTILE BOARD PERIOD right now. So YEAH I'm gonna spam it up to make sure that EVERYONE who comes on here knows about it. I thought everyone knew about this, come to find out some people don't and that's totally UNACCEPTABLE because obviously WE AREN'T DOING enough. So if you enjoy keeping your Bearded Dragon and whatever other animals you may have I would dedicate ohhh lets say the next 72 hours of your life spreading the word instead of wasting your time yelling at me! :angry5:

-Ian

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Ian, we have had several threads about this already. Everyone here is aware of it. Spamming the boards and being rude to other members isn't going to help your cause.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jasper's Mom":1345c said:
Ian, we have had several threads about this already. Everyone here is aware of it. Spamming the boards and being rude to other members isn't going to help your cause.

Mam, I'm not trying to be rude. I usually don't spam but there are exceptions to every rule. I've had 5 members alone from this board come to me today not knowing what the big deal about hr669 is.... 5! That means that we aren't doing enough. I also see that you are from Canada. If hr669 passes it'll have a trickle down effect from country to country to country and eventually yours. So yes... Sorry to be a pain in the you know what... but we must set aside the spamming rule of thumb for the moment and make DARN sure that each and every member of this board that resides here in the US is at the very least clicking that link and sending the mock e-mail to their representative ONCE a day.

Regards,
-Ian

shimmeriing

Hatchling Member
yeah, I'm sorry I don't think this would happen..our economy is going to ****, you really think they'll shut down all the pet stores, and put us deeper into dept??? you've got to be kidding me. I doubt they'd put more people into unemployment.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Spamming on this forum is not allowed. Posting once in the General Discussion forum would have been enough to get all the attention it needs. As others have said here, there are several threads already on this subject so there was no need for you to start 12 threads exactly the same. Posting it in the Memorial forum, Feeding, Behavior, etc was definitely overkill as it had nothing to do with those forums at all. We try hard to keep this forum neat and in the appropriate forum relating to each particular subject matter, so all of the other threads were moved out of public viewing, but this one thread was kept so others can read it and share their opinions. It took a lot of time to move all of them. Please don't let this happen again. Thank you.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here's the method to my madness. There are quite a few people who only come on to certain discussions on this board. I used to help moderate many different sites and know the exact statistics you get to see here on the board being a moderator. Therefore many people have not seen the posts on hr669 and would not see them if they aren't posted in all forums.

Like I said previously we need to set this spamming issue aside. This became evident today as people had NO clue what I was talking about. As a matter of fact I'm quite surprised about the flack I'm catching on this issue considering what is at stake. If you'd like to ban my posting priveledges than that is your decision. And if I get even 1 more person involved sending an e-mail to congess about HR669 losing my priveledges here over "spamming" is worth it.

-Ian

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The General Discussion forum gets the most attention, so as I stated, having it here is enough. Members will see the subject line and will read it as they have read the other threads concerning this HR669 issue. Posting it on all forums here was not and is not necessary.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Diane,

You're the moderator and I'll respect your decision regardless of what I think. Let's just hope that your right and not me.

-Ian

mischa

Juvie Member
Yelling at people is no way to get their attention I'm sure everyone here has seen at least one of the probably hundreds of posts about bill HR669. :lol:

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No one here is yelling. When you use all capital letters for one word it has always been to emphasize that word. Capitalizing a whole sentence would be considered "yelling" and there was none of that. If I came across to you and the few other members on the board who critized me as being a little harsh it was only because you misunderstood the my use of capital letters and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

However I do understand that "spamming" isn't policy however there is exceptions and this was one of them ESPECIALLY w/ what we are faced w/. And by "spamming" that I know of at least 3 more people who understood what I was trying to accomplish and sent out first time e-mails against HR669 and have vowed to follow it up w/ one more each day until the vote.

And YES I think it is the duty of all the moderators on any exotic animal forum here on the internet to have this issue plastered everywhere on their respected boards right now. There's a nice banner you can grab off of nohr669.com and I urge the moderators of Beardeddragon.org to front page this banner for the next few days.

All exotic animal breeders, the USARK and enthusiasts alike have all said that it doesn't matter how many times you've seen a post, written a letter or otherwise to keep doing it. There's youtube videos up the ying yang from each of them stating this. So let's back each other up and get this done because those who are FOR HR669 (the minority groups) are extremely serious on passing this bill for one reason and one reason only. To follow it up w/ a bill banning all ownership of exotics. And at that point those who do not comply by destroying all their exotics will face a felony charge. THAT is what REALLY scares everyone who understands HR669.

-Ian

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Too much of anything Ian, is never a good thing. By you posting this same thing 10 different times in 10 different places after it has already been beaten to death since i first posted it a couple months ago is just downright annoying and actually makes me, and I am sure others, just want to ignore the whole thing and that is sort of counter productive wouldn't you say?

mischa

Juvie Member
GoFast":74e8b said:
Too much of anything Ian, is never a good thing. By you posting this same thing 10 different times in 10 different places after it has already been beaten to death since i first posted it a couple months ago is just downright annoying and actually makes me, and I am sure others, just want to ignore the whole thing and that is sort of counter productive wouldn't you say?
Exactly, well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom