No power

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Hey guys! So we had a rainstorm tonight and currently I have no power. It was close to bedtime anyways so I just put Gabriel to sleep a few hours early. We should get it back sometime tomorrow. However, will he be alright going like half a day without his lights? He's been napping a lot because he's brumating anyways, so if I warm him up a bit, and make sure he can be warm in his napping spot, maybe with a t-shirt or something, will he be good to go until the power comes back on?

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Missing a bit of sunlight should be fine, but if you want to be safe, you can always take him outside if it is warm enough, or put him over by the windows so he can get some uv light. Try to make sure she stays warm, though. A blanket or something of the sort should help.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, it shouldn't be a problem. Just keep him warm. Holding him for body warmth is fine. Think of it like a cloudy day. They're really tough and can handle it. Especially at indoor temperatures. There was a dragon recently rescued from a roadside here in Iowa. She was out in freezing temperatures (not sure how long) and just shut her systems down like brumation. The vet slowly raised her temperatures and she bounced back. I'm certainly not advising that, just saying they can handle a lot when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom