no exercise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlisv

Hatchling Member
Believe it or not, in the wild beardies live in trees! They're not from the part of Australia that has sand - they live on dirt and rocks and leaves. So sand is not natural for them, and is in fact dangerous. They eat it by accident since they use their tongue to explore things, so your parents will be happy they can save the money! Your beardie will be perfectly happy on paper towels, and they're easier to clean! If there is any leftover vinyl flooring or tile around your house, that would be an option too. No need to glue it down or anything.

Good luck with your new baby. It's exciting that your folks are interested in helping you with everything. That will be a huge relief. Just keep visiting this site for the best advice available.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
carlisv":m7m01ktg said:
Believe it or not, in the wild beardies live in trees! They're not from the part of Australia that has sand - they live on dirt and rocks and leaves. So sand is not natural for them, and is in fact dangerous. They eat it by accident since they use their tongue to explore things, so your parents will be happy they can save the money! Your beardie will be perfectly happy on paper towels, and they're easier to clean! If there is any leftover vinyl flooring or tile around your house, that would be an option too. No need to glue it down or anything.

Good luck with your new baby. It's exciting that your folks are interested in helping you with everything. That will be a huge relief. Just keep visiting this site for the best advice available.

All of this is very true. We have non-adhesive shelf liner that you buy in rolls and we cut it to the size of the floor. It wipes clean very easily and cost about $5. Once a week or every two weeks I take it out and soak it in the tub with all of their furniture. In between I just clean up the poop with toilet paper.

Zo0bY

Original Poster
ya but he still wont move around with his big cage he stays in 1 spot (ifeel like i wasted my money :() Hes a skinny fast guy but he doent move around and hes very very VERY weak

Zo0bY

Original Poster
we got off topic anyway , ok he still not exercising im doin even more to help him! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Zo0bY":ximlh4bc said:
we got off topic anyway , ok he still not exercising im doin even more to help him! :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

I'm not really understanding why you are upset. Unless your dragon seems sick, it's normal for them to sit around and bask. They are not Olympic athletes :lol: . They are not the most active pet that you can have.

In what way do you feel you wasted your money?

Zo0bY

Original Poster
im just saying is it normal for him to sleep all day and not eat until it crawls on him? can i do anything to help him move around i feel like i wasted my money by getting a big cage and he just stays in one spot

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Careful of the mixed greens you get at grocery stores. Spinach is very bad for dragons. Consuming spinach will hinder their ability to process calcium, which could lead to bone disease.

Stick to....Collard greens, kale, mustard greens, dandelion greens (store bought, not from outside), endive, ecsarole, and all kinds of squash. Our dragon really likes arugula, cilantro, and fresh basil, so we mix alot of it in to more hearty greens, like collard.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html <--- check this site out.....TONS of info on great foods for dragons. A healthy dragon is an active dragon.

What kind of UVB are you using? Some dragons react differently under different lighting. Not that adult beardies are super active....most are kinda lazy. :p

Zo0bY

Original Poster
im so scared i cried i was so scared . hears the story.ok well we bought a baby pool for my lizard,turtle. we put the baby pool on the balcony cuz we couldn't bring it down. he jump out and there was a balcony so he tried to jump but my dad caght him quickly enough time to let him live. a person would probably get ko and concussion. would he have lived?

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Zo0bY":1xgg7hr2 said:
im so scared i cried i was so scared . hears the story.ok well we bought a baby pool for my lizard,turtle. we put the baby pool on the balcony cuz we couldn't bring it down. he jump out and there was a balcony so he tried to jump but my dad caght him quickly enough time to let him live. a person would probably get ko and concussion. would he have lived?

Wow, close call, huh? Lucky your Dad was paying attention! :shock: How far up is the balcony from the ground below? Some of whether or not he would have survived depends on his bone health. Do you dust his feeders with calcium and also vitamins? Does he have a good UVB light? Taking care of their bone health plays a big role in how tough and hardy your dragon will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom