no exercise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zo0bY

lets get this straight i have a beareded dragon, not a turtle. His name IS turtle though.

Okay lets cut to the chase, he has a cage big enough for 2 dragons its very small and were planning to get a GIANT FREAKING HUGE ONE and when i take him out he wont move, i even gave him a whole giant room!he eats crickets and mealworms lettuce and apple skin ,no horn worms cause the horns give me a funny look :shock:.I am doing every thing to try to get him to exercise :blob5: :protest: :protest: :blob8: .The only way he will move if feeding him mealworms.iv been reading forms about exercise and no one has the problem ,he's cage been small for all his life its probly that but he might not move in his GIANT FREAKING HUGE ONE im 11 (and responsible)and my parents wouldn't lemme buy a big cage i eve had the 400$ dollars to do it! i should have bought him a bigger cage! :banghead:
please help. he's very healthy but a bit skinny hears a picture ill have that pic up soon.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Does he just like to bask all day under his heat light? :D Is that where he is staying and being lazy? Is he an adult or a young bearded dragon? They do tend to slow down a bit as they get older compared to how they were when younger.

Also UVB lighting or tank brightness can affect their activity level. Do you have a good UVB bulb and is it farily new? They do lose their UVB strength over time.

Zo0bY

Original Poster
Hes 1 1/2 years old and hes quite small he does only bask and sleep all day on his log he can jump SUPER DUPER OOPER HIGH! when he gets a cricket in mid air!But other than that he's lazy will he get used to big a big cage? and walk about a inch a day (all im asking for) or sit under the lamp like he usually does?????
should we buy how ,are u a expert?

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Zo0bY":su42n5lx said:
Hes 1 1/2 years old and hes quite small he does only bask and sleep all day on his log he can jump SUPER DUPER OOPER HIGH! when he gets a cricket in mid air!But other than that he's lazy will he get used to big a big cage? and walk about a inch a day (all im asking for) or sit under the lamp like he usually does?????
should we buy how ,are u a expert?

Nope, I'm not an expert, but I have a lot of beardies that are doing well, so your question seemed simple enough. :D

At 1-1/2 years he is an adult and you may see him just lay around being lazy and enjoying the heat lights.

When you say you feed him lettuce, do you mean the kind of lettuce you would make a salad with or put on a sandwich? The reason I ask is because the 'salad' that bearded dragons eat is actually more like 'greens' and not a real lettuce salad. Our dragons eat turnip greens, and other dragons will eat collard or mustard greens. Actual salad lettuce doesn't have any nutrients that bearded dragons can use, so feeding that to them is pretty useless!

Check out the nutrition page on this website for more ideas of what veggies your dragon should eat http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Zo0bY

Original Poster
my ipad has to update pic might not be up till tom but il stil be on contact with my i pad cuz ima be gone

do u like his name :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Zo0bY":2q5yvv53 said:
my ipad has to update pic might not be up till tom but il stil be on contact with my i pad cuz ima be gone

do u like his name :D

Yes I laughed out loud for real at the name Turtle. :lol:

Zo0bY

Original Poster
also hes been like that since 4 months old (when i got him) and the vet at pet smart or petco the one with the red dog and blue cat logo, whatever gets GREENS ,sorry my bad. and there called baby romaine MIX contains: baby lettuce,crucifer leaves spinach greens,and red Romain (purple leaves) and i have the picture sorry took long on next post

Zo0bY

Original Poster
/Users/sheilaestes/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/Jun 11, 2012/IMG_0072.jpg/Users/sheilaestes/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/Jun 11, 2012_3/IMG_0070.jpg/Users/sheilaestes/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/Jun 11, 2012_4/IMG_0069.jpg/Users/sheilaestes/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/Jun 11, 2012_2/IMG_0071.jpg

Zo0bY

Original Poster
i read about your papa smurf thing i have a cage with sand but it dessolves in water and its made from crushed vitamins for liards is that okay? :?

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Zo0bY":2igkuhsg said:
i read about your papa smurf thing i have a cage with sand but it dessolves in water and its made from crushed vitamins for liards is that okay? :?

Is it Vita-Sand? I haven't heard anything good about Vita-Sand. In fact, I have heard that people believe the 'vitamin' part just encourages your dragon to eat it, which is not a good thing. Dusting their food with vitamins and calcium is the best way to make sure they are getting supplements, not by hoping they lick the same sand they poop in. :shock: :silent:

Zo0bY

Original Poster
its not really vita sand and it has no taste and he dosent like eating it. his poop is very runny but not liquid if that makes a difference... :|
still dont know how to uplode pick so that might not be happening also we don't have vita-sand yet but my parents wanna get it i have regular sand , i think sand is good because thats what they live in in the wild

Zo0bY

Original Poster
also we dust em off with repti-cal before he eats em And we sole his greens in water cuz he doesn't drink water. He likes swimming is warm baths :D

em= live things he eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom