Status
Not open for further replies.

Tray91

I recently got my first bearded dragon and he is adorable I've done tons and tons of research but I'm still terrified of doing something wrong any advice on something I may have missed in my research I have him set up in a 40 gallon breeder tank and a hide that varies in height in different spots under the basking light with a lizard hammock to the side but also under the basking light warm end of the tank is 116 during the day directly under the basking light and about 78 at night the cool end is 80 during the day and 72 at night any suggestions are greatly appreciated

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks nice and alert. That setup looks really great too. The basking area is wide enough for him to move around and self regulate as needed. You may want to shift the UVB light all the way to the right (basking side) and raise it slightly if you can. It looks pretty close but you don't want it closer than about 6''. Those are minor suggestions though because it looks like he can move about easily as needed.

Tray91

Original Poster
Last night I covered up his enclosure because we also have some snakes in the room that I use red heat lights on at night and after today I think they may have been why he was sluggish yesterday because the red lights were disturbing his sleep

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like it will do nicely =). Just watch to make sure he doesn't have any trouble moving up and down to the hammock and try to figure out how he likes to use the new space and make tweaks as you see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom