New Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajundragon

I'm a newbie here and also to raising a beardie. This forum has been really helpful so thanks to everyone here for that. I just wanted to share some pics of the viv I've just finished. I used the crossfire design but decided to go with a hinged door instead of sliding glass(mostly because i couldn't find the tracks). I used 3/4 inch red oak plywood. I put 6x6 tiles for the flooring. The Fleur-de-Lis handles added a little personal touch (and to support the Saints!!)
I will start the fake rocks next week. The bulb in the fixture was just to have some light while i work.

P1010086.jpg

P1010088.jpg

Looks good- my hubby is in the beginning stages of a build of our own! What are you interior dimensions? I think we are going to have 2 sets of doors instead of sliding or the hinged. We have kids that will be helping with the care and I want it easy and safe for them.

Iowuk

Hatchling Member
Love it this is how I want to build mine but I want a 6-7 foot what tiles are they and how have you got them to stay coz I was told grout is not good for beardys ??

cajundragon

Original Poster
I used unsanded grout, i haven't heard anything about grout being harmful to beardies. I think its more a matter of preference and also the ability to remove the tiles if you want to.

Iowuk

Hatchling Member
Ah right ill do that then I have some slate tiles that should work well probaly make it dead heavy lol but could be fun to make

Rottipet

cajundragon, to be a new Beardie owner, you sure are giving your baby a very nice home. Are you a carpenter or just build for a hobby? I have been scanning pics of the DIY vivs and am going to try my hand at making one. I have been getting supplies to build a 2'x2'x4' enclosure, and almost have everything needed. I want to try the Crossfire type, it looks simple, except for somebody like me, so it may take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom