New viv, trouble with lighting

TheMix

The new 120 gallon is almost finished! Last night I was having trouble with the lighting, said "screw it" and my beardie and I went to sleep on the recliner. Okay, day 2 - back to the issue of lighting. I've been using a petsmart thrive lamp for 2.5 years and works great. I wanted to continue using it. However, I'm a little nervous about it just sitting on top of the viv like it was with the 40gal (the screen seems 'fragile'). I bought a lamp stand! Lol max length on this is 31" .. it's horrible. There's another with a max of 36", will that help? Should I change lamps? Should I change stands? Are those clip on lights any good? Ya know the ones that are advertised for turtles but people say are fine for Bearded dragons? Is that true? All help is appreciated, thank you!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Can you post pics and show us what up against? It will be easier to help you if we can see whats giving you trouble.

TheMix

Original Poster
The lamp stand is as high as it can go...

I'm using a thrive lamp which is a little bulky, long and heavy. It concerns me to use that lamp on this stand. I need alternatives. If you know of one, please let me know. Like I said, I'm contemplating clip on lamps.

Attachments

• 20220911_111352.jpg
    20220911_111352.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The lamp stand is as high as it can go...

I'm using a thrive lamp which is a little bulky, long and heavy. It concerns me to use that lamp on this stand. I need alternatives. If you know of one, please let me know. Like I said, I'm contemplating clip on lamps.
I dont know if you want to try another lamp stand but PetSmart has these
if you have a PetSmart in your area I would go look at them -- I am not hot on Thrive products -see if they are any better -- I used a hospital stand for IV tubes when I had to use one -- worked great -- I have also used the lamp clamps that come w/ the domes -- those are tricky as they loosen up --

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom