New Rescue

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So it turns out the bar light is just barely too long to be mounted in the tank. It’s the only one I could find though, after four pet stores, so I’m stuck with it. Basking temp is right at 100 now and he was basking when I got home. He ate a little green bean baby food with vitamins and calcium mixed in tonight, but not much. I tried to get a video of how he moves, but he decided he was tired as soon as I got the phone out.
I also had no luck finding a scale small enough to weigh him. I did gently put his legs straight and he pushed himself up like that for a few minutes before sinking back down and flipping his arms backwards again.
That vet appointment can’t come quick enough!
View attachment 69004
Please take the screen off- or leave it half way on put the uvb width wise across the tank in the middle w/ the basking light next to it on the screen - look for a kitchen food scale at Walmart one that weighs in ounces - you can place him on a plate or bowl after you zero the bowl/ plate out-- you can set your basking area up in the middle of your tank

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Glad your taking care of him. The way I love mines it makes me sad that they didn’t take care of him better or surrender him to a rescue. And mines had stopped eating greens and I was having to feed him organic baby food from a baby spoon. Keep putting the greens in his tank. Also, I started adding organic bee pollen to the greens and now he’s back eating them. I did mix some in his baby food (just a lil) to get him used to the taste.

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Poor thing! He looks worse then I thou got! I can't stop looking at him.
He's pretty bad. I'm tempted to up his vet appointment from this coming Saturday, but I really don't have the time off work. :(

Good news though, he showed some interest in some curley kale this morning! Not enough to eat it, or lick it, but he was watching as I moved it around and looked like he wanted to take a bite a few times.

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Please take the screen off- or leave it half way on put the uvb width wise across the tank in the middle w/ the basking light next to it on the screen - look for a kitchen food scale at Walmart one that weighs in ounces - you can place him on a plate or bowl after you zero the bowl/ plate out-- you can set your basking area up in the middle of your tank
I'll make that adjustment tonight. It didn't even occure to me that he technically doesn't need the lid, as he's not really going far. I have him closed in a room by himself, so none of the docs or the cat can get anywhere near the cage. I'll stop by Walmart tonight and take a look for a scale. Thanks!

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That sounds like a good sign that he is doing great! Just make sure that he gets enough water and hydration.
I'm feeding him a slurry of veg baby food, with multi vitamins and calcium with D-3 mixed in right now, out of a dropper, so I think that should be sufficiant for water for the time being. I really hope I can get him to transition to eating on his own soon!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Okay. Just making sure. He is really cute though but he will look even cuter when he has recovered

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I’ve removed the mesh and managed to find a clamp lamp. Really need a second one, but I’ll make due for now with what I have and just swap the basking bulb out with the CHE at night.
On another angry note, I got a scale. He weighs only 88 grams. A full grown male, at only 88. :mad:
The repti care came today and I’ll start him on that with the baby food and vitamins.

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Also got a video of how he moves. He’s a lot more active today than he was yesterday.

KristenT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We just finished a whole 2mL of baby food mixed with repti care! Yay!
I gave him a quick soak and he’s really wanting to drink a LOT of water and I’m a little concerned by that. Can that be a sign of organ failure?
Do I let him drink his total fill or only let him have so much?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom