new (ish) bearded dragon not eating (ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a kind of new, beardie. ive had her for a few weeks and she Is eating her crickets (not so much her veggies) but shes not eating MUCH. i put in a new one every time she gobbles one up and i hear people say that their baby beardies will gobble up 20 in one session, where she'll rarely eat more than around 3

i'm very worried. im scared she's going to be malnourished or starve herself or something. just now i fed her, she ate two crickets, i put in a third and she pretended she didn't see it. because i'm so worried about her i use tongs to wiggle the food in front of her and then place it down in front of her with no obstacles or anything. the cricket wasn't too large, it was smaller then the other crickets she ate, so i don't think it's that problem.

she's pooping regularly, her skin turns very dark and she gets stress marks sometimes but they go away when i hold her or feed her? so i think it might be hunger but shes only eating a fraction of what she should and she wont TOUCH her veggies

for enclosure info go here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=226031 her temps are from 80 to 105

i feed her crickets, im still waiting for phoenix worms to come because she might like those better and it will be easier to remove all of the unwanted bugs. i dust them with calcium regularly.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She won't always eat a lot. It's normal for them to go through phases of eating a lot and then not eating much at all. I would just keep offering bugs and let her take what she wants at a given time a couple of times per day. If she's alert and active she's probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom