New here and to beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatz01

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
As for the color morph, it's hard to tell if you don't know the dragon's lineage. He is definitely a cute little guy though!
A ten gallon tank is really too small for a dragon as they need to be able to regulate their body temps with the use of a cool spot. A ten gallon tank isn't large enough to allow the dragon to escape the basking light to cool off if he needs to. I would move him into at least a 20 gallon long tank.
Also, I would definitely sack that UVB light. Compact UVB lights like that give off rays that are too concentrated and can burn the corneas of reptiles. Definitely remove it as soon as you can! Replace it with a Reptisun 10.0 florescent tube. You can get them cheap on amazon or on petmountain.com. You can also find the fixture for the bulb for around 12 dollars at hardware stores such as Home Depot :D

apatz01

Original Poster
Alright thanks for the information. I knew better to buy that bulb bit it was a combo pack lol. Should have known from my fish keeping experiences. Oh well.

I took your advice and ordered a tube 10.0. And here is my update for day two. Moved dragon to 20g long got a food dish and water dish. Got rid of the uvb bulb and talked to the breeder to see if one of my small t8 bulbs would work till I got the one I ordered he said that would work for a temp fix. In place if the uvb bulb I filled the light holder with a ceramic heater just in case it gets to cold in my daughter's room. Might use the 10g for a cricket farm.

My next question would be there is a few local I insect breeder around here what else other than the meal worms and crickets?

Thanks for the help

More pics of the update and little guy

http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/apatz01/library/

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
You should order bugs online! You can get a large amount for a fairly cheap price. Some good sites are mulberryfarms.com and nyworms.com. You can feed crickets, hornworms, silkworms, Phoenix worms, or roaches. I would stay away from mealworms, they have a shell that is hard for dragons to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom