New guy! Be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
Hello everyone! :)

My name is Corey and I am very new to this board. And I mean NEW. So I am here to introduce myself and see if I can meet some of the great people on here hopefully (virtually) in person! :p

As I said before my name is Corey and I am 18 years old. I live in an old, hick mountain town in California where I go to school and take care of my amazing animals. I VERY much enjoy going out every day and watch all the amazing critters that are out there. When it comes to lizards(and snakes) I almost jump out of my skin out of excitement when I see them. Sometimes I might catch one to hold it for a while.:)

When I was about 10 or 11 years old I remember my family having a setup that consisted of a 20 gallon tank or so, with two fully grown bearded dragons(and yes, I do realize now that is incredibly small for two adults, but it wasn't in my power then or now to change that). These were my families first dragons and we ended up trying to breed them together. My mothers sister is a breeder of countless critters and we ended up having to give her our dragons(one being pregnant!) as we moved away. A small while later I found out our dragon had a bunch of babies and they were still doing great. Little did I know things went a little haywire and my mothers sister cut contact with her and I was devastated because I would not be able to know how my dragons were doing. I never was able to.

Enough of that! Seven years later and not even two weeks ago did I buy my first baby dragon! Her name is Squeak and she's adorable. I chose her out of a good 11 others(all in the same TINY cage at at a PetSmart) because I thought she looked like the dragon I could get along with. If I knew how to post pics I would. :D

I also have a 4 month old crested gecko, whom I love like my own family, too. :)

Now I just started coming on to this site about a week ago, as a lurker. I've read posts by a lot of people on here and pretty much everyone here seems to be knowledgeable and just great people. I just can't stay away! I would like to get to know anyone and everyone if I could and I am very open to anyone that wants to know anything. :D Thanks for your time!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
hello Corey!! I'm Jordan and my beardie is Phoenix!! to post pics use Photobucket and upload the pic in there and then select the image link and post it here, i have a thread dedicated to my pooper and a good amount of pics of him if you ever wanna see them his thread is viewtopic.php?f=49&t=122191 most folks will start a thread pertaining to their babies!! anyway, just wanted to welcome you and I should be the first to warn you about two things... First, we are picture freaks!! lol, if you go too long w/o pictures SOME FOLKS, no names, but SOME FOLKS will attack your thread lol!!! you'll sign in and have 541648674861786749728979719 comments about how you need to post pics lol!! Second i wanted to warn you about is, yes this site is EXTREMLY addicting!! lol!!
again welcome!!
if you have any questions feel free to ask!!

~Jordan and Phoenix~ :mrgreen:

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
Hi Corey! Welcome to the boards, you will find that you will get addicted to this forum just as much as you are addicted to your reptiles LOL I believe there is a sticky in the photo section where it tells you how to post pictures. If you still have trouble PM me and I will give you some help on that. We LOVE pictures, so the sooner we help you figure it out, the better :D

And just so you know someone here... My name is Michaela, we're about the same age :) I have a 7 month old beardie named Ollie. Also a handful (5) of snakes. It would be cool if you posted pics of your crestie too, I love them! I am working on getting one of my own :)

Looking forward to seeing another beardie/reptile lover around!

Grimleo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi, Jordan and Michaela! Great to meet you both. :)

You have a beautiful dragon there Jordan :) And thanks for your help with the pictures! I will try to upload some or show them on here on this post. Let's see how that goes..
Hi Michaela! I think I am addicted already, lol! Also, what kind of snakes do you have?

Thank you both for the warm welcome :) It means a lot!

Due to only having Squeak for a short while so far, and her being a little sick since I got her, I am limiting my interaction with her a little bit. I have limited pictures, but I will surely have more on a later date. :)
Let's see...Here is Squeak! (I hope this works, lol)
Squeaks.jpg

Squeakk.jpg

Squeak.jpg

Also, here is my crestie. His name is Chibi :)
Chihead.jpg

Mychi.jpg

chibi.jpg

Chiattack.jpg

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, I joined a couple days ago (or was it one?) but yes, this site is a fun way to display your beardie. Like EmJagsz, my beardie is Ollie, too! Anyways, I hope you'll find this site helpful for any of your bearded dragon questions, like 'What should I feed it?' Believe me, it's awesome.

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
Squeak and Chibi are so cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

As for snakes, I have 4 corn snakes (normal, anery, reverse okeetee and snow) and a black milk snake :)

Grimleo

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you all very much :)

Michaela they sound like great little ones :) The latest interaction with any kind of snake was a few days ago when I found a Yellow-Bellied Racer down by a river I frequent. I am thinking about getting a real boa when I have the room in a few years! :D

Dragoon! Nice to meet ya :D How big is your Ollie, hmm?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hello & Welcome to BD.org Fellow Californian!
Congratulations on the new beardie!

And thanks for sharing the pic's she's a cutie. :love5:
Oh an your Crestie is cute too.

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
Hello, and Welcome!

My name is Dina, and I leave all the way over in Maryland, not far from Baltimore!

I started with one beardie...Louie. She is 1 1/2 years old. We thought she was a HE when we got her, so she has a boys name, lol. I picked the name because of my Italian heritage. The Italian word for lizard is Luchertola, so I got Louie out of that.

I also have a baby beardie, 4 months old, named Mickey! Not sure if it's a boy or girl.

I need to upload my pics to photobucket still.

This board is AWESOME!!! So much information, and people are very nice! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'm sure someone will answer you quickly.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom