New feeder insect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I introduced my bearded dragon (six months old) to meal worms. Now he's refusing crickets or only eating one or two and he only wants meal worms is this just him being picky? Should I be worried?

SavyCat8000

Beardie name(s)
Rexy
Bearded dragons seem to LOVE mealworms, so I would continue to offer crickets and he should start accepting them again. I really don't think they're is much to worry about, as long as they're eating enough protein. Also if you need to supplement some protein (can't get bugs; won't eat etc.) you can try feeding them some scrambled eggs which are great for bearded dragons, and provide good nutrients and protein as well ;) hope this helps!!

SavyCat8000

Beardie name(s)
Rexy
Bearded dragons seem to LOVE mealworms, so I would continue to offer crickets and he should start accepting them again. I really don't think they're is much to worry about, as long as they're eating enough protein. Also if you need to supplement some protein (can't get bugs; won't eat etc.) you can try feeding them some scrambled eggs which are great for bearded dragons, and provide good nutrients and protein as well ;) hope this helps!!
But in this case it just seems your little guy is a little picky, so no worries, but make sure to keep them fed :)

Tbaked97

I introduced my bearded dragon (six months old) to meal worms. Now he's refusing crickets or only eating one or two and he only wants meal worms is this just him being picky? Should I be worried?
I wouldn’t be worried my little guy is still a picky eater I have to switch it up for him all the time or he he get bored of his food lol so maybe try that and see of it work he might of just got sick of crickets for right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom