New Dragon, how to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! So I'm getting my first beardie in two days time and I've got everything sorted and ready. But I really want to know what would be the best way to introduce it to its new enclosure? It will have travelled a long way...

MsCarter

Juvie Member
When I got my girl I just put her in and Kept the interaction to a minimum for 2-3 days so she could settle in and get to know her new home. Relocation stress is common so don't be alarmed if you notice signs of stress in your baby (not eating, not pooping and such). they can take a few days to a few weeks to settle in

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I would start offering food on day1. If he doesn't eat or only eats a few don't be alarmed it's very normal the first few days. But it's always good to offer food just in case they are hungry. Plus this will be a good opportunity to bond a little with your new baby without overwhelming him.

I would go ahead and do the misting as well, just a few drops at a time and see if he licks it up (if so continue until he's done licking). I personally would do this 2-3 times a day and hold off on giving a bath the first week unless you feel he's not very stressed and ready before than.
Congrats on your new little one, post pics when he or she arrives :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom