Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Mirthy":25bp9d2w said:
TheDeac":25bp9d2w said:
Mirthy":25bp9d2w said:
TheDeac":25bp9d2w said:
i actually work at petsmart and i had all my employees come to this site and do some research lol at my store im considered the "reptile expert" and every one is excited when they get to see my lil Stubble (not so little anymore =P) and they follow what i feed and what not its kinda cool being able to teach a chain store some GOOD info that ya'll have taught me lol

That is fantastic! I'm so glad to hear it! I'm going to go check out Stubble, myself. :D What part of the country is your pet smart in?

oh and sorry forgot im in Midland Tx

Thanks, I like to try to keep a vague idea of where our good guys out there are in case some new folks show up who need supplies. :p
I think I've completely hi-jacked this thread, sorry to the original poster! :p

haha bad stealing threads and yea i love my job there just doesnt pay enough so i only work 1 day a week recently tho we've had to put them on sand via corprate the only good thing is we are not allowed to feed in the cage so we put in a bin and feed its actually better i think personaly (minus the sand) lol

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Beardednoob":219cqt24 said:
That is a pretty bold and irrational move coming from a corporate business standpoint. :?

yea the sand really bothers me but at least im allowed to do what ever else i want with them ex; feeding,soaking, temps, all that jazz so aside from sand i keep them in good shape and i tell all my customers to aviod sand as much as possible (kinda over exaggerate the risk lol) but generaly i have ppl walking out with everything they need for a SAFE baby :mrgreen:

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Beardednoob":lvojkawp said:
That is awesome Tyler. :mrgreen:
You should be a regional trainer.

haha i wish id love that, i love teaching ppl about reptiles its so much fun and when i take stubble and show them how well he's done my way ppl tend to listen =P

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
That is such a shame. One of the ways that petsmart has always stood out as smarter than petco, as a company, (with regards to dragon care) was keeping their babies on eco carpet instead of sand. I guess they must have some sort of deal worked out with the calci-sand people or who knows what? I can see how tricky it is to deal with purchasers and companies whose products you are selling when they just have been out dated for bearded dragon care.
Perhaps Calci sand is giving away sand to try and boost business...so hard to tell but certainly a shame to hear.
Maybe the way to go is a campaign to eco carpet begging them to step up and beat out the sand folks freebies *LOL*
and now we are waaay off topic, aren't we? :D

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Mirthy":2026ic58 said:
That is such a shame. One of the ways that petsmart has always stood out as smarter than petco, as a company, (with regards to dragon care) was keeping their babies on eco carpet instead of sand. I guess they must have some sort of deal worked out with the calci-sand people or who knows what? I can see how tricky it is to deal with purchasers and companies whose products you are selling when they just have been out dated for bearded dragon care.
Perhaps Calci sand is giving away sand to try and boost business...so hard to tell but certainly a shame to hear.
Maybe the way to go is a campaign to eco carpet begging them to step up and beat out the sand folks freebies *LOL*

haha kinda we are at least still talking bout petsmart :roll: and in my store i dotn let them use calci sand we use this clay burrowing sand completely natrual nothing added to it at all it was easy to convice the manager to use that instead after talking bout calium sulfate being bad for the resp system in reptiles easy peasy to get that taken care of we already calc dust our crix no reason for the sand to have that trash in it as well :wink:

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
TheDeac":1fn8p21u said:
Mirthy":1fn8p21u said:

haha kinda we are at least still talking bout petsmart :roll: and in my store i dotn let them use calci sand we use this clay burrowing sand completely natrual nothing added to it at all it was easy to convice the manager to use that instead after talking bout calium sulfate being bad for the resp system in reptiles easy peasy to get that taken care of we already calc dust our crix no reason for the sand to have that trash in it as well :wink:

Someone needs to come up with repti tiles that are 'designed' to fit in various aquariums. They can have variable surface textures to help with nails, etc...ease of cleaning...all different colors (just like the sand) put it in a box with happy dragons on the cover. No fuss, no mess...I'm sure people would buy them. I'm sure they'd pay more for it than at a hardware store and there's a new business. ta da. How easy would that be to market. 8)

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Mirthy":13v24ime said:
TheDeac":13v24ime said:
Mirthy":13v24ime said:

Someone needs to come up with repti tiles that are 'designed' to fit in various aquariums. They can have variable surface textures to help with nails, etc...ease of cleaning...all different colors (just like the sand) put it in a box with happy dragons on the cover. No fuss, no mess...I'm sure people would buy them. I'm sure they'd pay more for it than at a hardware store and there's a new business. ta da. How easy would that be to market. 8)

lets do it ill go in with ya we can get rich show off stubble's cage in the cover and your happy drag's its a win win we'll begin with the pet trade...THEN THE WORLD! :wink:

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, I'm laughing hard..first that it's already there, secondly that it is actually named rept tiles I was so close! But then it makes so much sense! IT is such a great pun. Don't worry! We can still take over the world!!! (okay now I think I've left topic...)

Petsmart! (there, I said petsmart muwahaha)

I'm so happy i read this. i can help go to http://www.greathousefarm.com/index.html It is the best, easiest thing to clean. There nails do not get stuck. if you got to the great house farms website you can special order from them her name is Beth. her daughter also sells leashes works great.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
thanks! We need to get the big chain pet stores to sell them instead of sand. :D I'm off to check out those links right now

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Mirthy":2qymli9z said:
thanks! We need to get the big chain pet stores to sell them instead of sand. :D I'm off to check out those links right now

already checked them out pretty rockin lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom