New Beardie! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NachoDragon

So, I just got a bearded dragon (his name is Nacho) and he's been with me for about 2-3 days. This is my first ever reptile, so I'm new to this. I believe he is a juvie (about 10-11 inches long and probably about 7-10 months old). He seems to be very comfortable in his new home, he loves his basking spot and he runs around all over the place when I put the crickets in.
I have trouble understanding his body language, he hasn't gaped or puffed up at me so far. He is extremely squirmy when I pick him up. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle him and get him used to me? Also how often should I handle him? Should I give him a few more days? His tank is in my bedroom and I've been studying at my desk right next to him and I've been talking to him. I've handled him a few times.
I just want him to be comfortable so I can start taking him out.

I have a question. When you pick Nacho up, does he extend his arms and legs out and whip his tail?

and also, dragons don't puff their beard until it has grown enough to do so.

NachoDragon

Original Poster
PoppyTheBeardie":30e3vpvo said:
I have a question. When you pick Nacho up, does he extend his arms and legs out and whip his tail?

and also, dragons don't puff their beard until it has grown enough to do so.

I've seen the tail whip once. I'm not entirely sure about the arms and legs, he just moves them all around trying to get away until I put him on my chest, then he kind of mellows out. He has no problem with me hand feeding him his greens and he seems pretty comfortable with me around his terrarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom