New Beardie ate in front of me on the first day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer892

:love5: :love10: I believe this a very good sign! Today he drank a lot of water from my finger, I kept getting drops of water and putting it on his/her snout, so cute. :mrgreen: He also ate some crickets, mealworms, and a grass hopper. Don't worry I cut them down really small for him and just put it on the paper he just ate it all up with some mustard greens. I feel lucky. It took my iguana spree three days for her to eat. But my new beardie does not know what a food bowl is yet lol. But he/she seems really calm and curious. Am I correct in saying that these are good signs? Here are some pics of the first day...
WP_000128.jpg

WP_000130.jpg

WP_000127.jpg

WP_000125.jpg

WP_000124.jpg

WP_000123.jpg

WP_000121.jpg

WP_000120.jpg

WP_000119.jpg

WP_000118.jpg

WP_000117.jpg

WP_000112.jpg

This sandfire correct?

reddragon087

Juvie Member
He's a cutie...gorgeous colors, can't wait to see his progression, they will only get brighter as he grows.
Just a suggestion though, try not to feed him mealworms as they will cause impaction.

slifer892

Original Poster
OK got it, it was raining today so I picked up earthworms and I read on the chart that are low in fat and high protein and water. Im guessing these are occasional foods right. I'm just making sure, I only got them I have not let him/her eat any yet.

reddragon087

Juvie Member
Not a problem, on the front page of this website you can find a lot of helpful care sheets.
There are a lot of people on here that are willing to answer questions too if you have any.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Don't feed bugs collected from the wild!!! They can carry parasites and be covered in exhaust particles or pesticides. That can be very harmful to your beardie.

AllysonM

Beautiful! I don't think he's a sandfire though. At Petsmart they're more likely a mix of a few different types. I got mine there and he's got yellows, oranges, reds, and purples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom