New "Bearded Dragon" Rescue Day... and the husband :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
bunnyrut":gsrzd19w said:
that explains why my snake died.
i went to a pet store and told them i had a brown snake (it was a wild snake, i know shame on me. but we lived in the city area at the time), i told them how big the snake was and needed worms for him. they gave me red wrigglers. my snake died after eating one. my anger is renewed.

Awwww that is heartbreaking.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear the worm are ok for Stanley, now he'll have more to choose from. That viv is going to be awesome once it's done. You really are doing a great job with him!

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just an FYI---I'll have more pics soon.

Stanley just went through his first shed since we got him... I think the first of many!!! He is finally starting to gain some weight. He is now been about a week free of bloody urates and having normal pooh.

HE LOVES silkworms. Needless to say I am hatching my own--bought some eggs in bulk for him and the rest of the reptilian crew.

He let me hold him the other day (Usually it's the husband who holds him, he is too crazy most of the time) but he calmly sat in my hand) I wasn't scared... I think he likes me---*adoring eyes* She is the bringer of silks.... @.@

There are a few spots of retained shed on him... hubby rubbed a bit of mineral oil on them and I think I am going to put him in a humid box for a bit. See if that helps.

He continues to be spoiled...

Marcy

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Marcy, it's so good to hear that he's shedding and gaining weight. And that's great that he was calm when you held him, he's definitely getting more comfy with you! And raising silkworms is great, so good for the beardies, too and will add lots of good weight to Stanley. Have you finished his new viv? So what does a humid box mean? I'm sure the mineral oil will do him alot of good. I hate retained shed! I've used cocoa butter (pure) for the same reason and it worked really well, you might want to try that if the mineral oil doesn't work.
Thanks for the update, do you have any new pics of him?

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay here he is--giving me the stink eye....

IMAG0973.jpg

He refuses dubia now. He has gotten a hankering for silkworms.. and that is all he wants. I have ordered some horn worms maybe that will do too... spoildy boy...

IMAG0970.jpg

Also wanted to share that Stan, Gimpy and Stumpy have a new friend... Falito. Falito finally got his name, which is an Italian name, meaning "Healed by God." We went to Petco for the dollar a gallon tank day and left with NO tank, furious and with this baby leo, broken leg, no tail--the tail was rotting in their tank by the way. He has been in quarantine in my house for a month and has recently started walking completely NORMALLY... hence his name. Took me forever to find his name... glad I waited though. Falito is perfect.

falito.jpg

That being said--let's get back to Stan...

Stanley has had PERFECT pooh... SEVERAL days in a row.... going on a week really.... I am thrilled. OVER pooh... LOL. He loves silkworms and I am hatching out more. I will be happy to grow as many as this guy will eat.

I have been holding him more. I am not as scared of him as I was before--which I guess is great news. LOL

He is a sweet dragon.

Marcy

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Wowzers! That does not look like the same dragon!
Did you pay for the gecko? Or did you yell at them, make the feel ashamed for their horrible care and walk out with him?

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Stanley's turning into quite a handsome boy! So happy for his normal poops. I know EXACTLY how that feels. My beardie Bert has been through two rounds of Panacur and did 28 days of Marguis Paste and still isn't having normal poops. :(

I'm curious about whether you had to pay for your new gecko as well. It sounds like he we getting abysmal care. Good for you for taking in yet another needy lizard!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Stanley looks great, he's got great colour, so he's into silkworms, good thing you can grow them! Mr spoiled dragon! And your new leo, such bad care, I'm also curious if you were able to get him for free. Guess you've been doing it right, if he's now able to walk. From what I understand, when the stress is gone from his life, his tail can regrow, just not as long as before. Bless you for taking him in! Thanks for the update on Stanley!

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Notice the blue on Stanley's jawline? It is so pronounced in real life hard to get on camera.

My husband snaps pics of Stan regularly--he caught this one the other day. What a cutie!
stanstands.jpg

Here he is... Oh yes, by the way. He loves silks so much he does NOT need to have his blue mayo lid. Which he needed for every other bug to even consider eating it. NO other lid would do. So I am guessing silks are just the bomb in his world.

stansilks.jpg

Not sure if I wrote much about this the other day but now that he has had regular poohs, I am confident to really get his enclosure done and get him moved after a while. I don't want to move him too soon, as relocation stress might just send him back to having bad pooh--I want to continue with his Acidopholiz, good food and let him gain a little more weight and regular poohs before I move him. This also gives me more time to make his house beautiful.

As far as the leo goes---If I talked to them I might have had the police called on me hahaa... so my sweet husband did all the talking--I just looked at him and he knew he had to talk-- *awwww* We paid 7.50 for him roughly. Ridiculous we even had to pay for him at all but he is such a little love and am glad we got him. He is healing so well and has everyone in the house just going Awwwww Awwwww.... whenever he eats, moves... lol. Fun stuff. Good thing we all love reptiles.

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":htu6a8by said:
So what does a humid box mean?
You basically put them in a tote with a warm damp towel (with ventillation of course for a while and the warmth and humidity helps them shed--some snake owners do this. I don't know about doing it... I am just trying gentle warm baths and will try the pure cocoa butter. I also use pure olive oil--that is always a good one.

Marcy

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's so pretty (well don't tell him that, he may not like it), he just shines with love. You're doing a great job with him & he's recovering so well. I think it's a good idea to get some weight on him before moving him into that great new viv you've created for him. Is it hard to keep the humidity up for him? And I'm so glad that little leo is doing well for you, I just get so angry when I see the results of abuse on innocent animals, but I'll stop, that's my vent for the day. Thanks for taking them both in, you do such an awesome job! And your hubby, too!

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well we are full swing into his viv work. I haven't taken an updated pic but here is an idea of what is going on with it. I will upload pics of the process later. I want to put the surprise end pic up before the process pics.

stansviv.jpg

I had fun ordering stuff for it... :shock: My sweet hubby didn't want to know how much I was spending---he just said get it... Stanley needs it. SOOOOOO it was kinda like a blank check! EEEK! OMG Stan's pond was purchased today too. Very cute! Can't WAIT to be done!

dinner.jpg

So that being said we have put some additions to his viv since he has overcome the parasites and is doing much better! He is loving life! I am just watching him drink water... He cracks me up when he plays in his water. I'll have to get a video of that sometime.

Here he is today!

wu1013.jpg

wu1013-2.jpg

My husband loves that people are following Stan's story--this is his baby after all. I read the posts to him and he smiles. He talks to Stan, tells him he is famous and has followers. Is cute as heck!

Marcy

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
What a little cutie :) He looks like a whole new dragon compared to his first pics!
And his new viv is going to be SO awesome. Yay!! :)

He has certainly come a long way from the poor little guy you brought home. You've done a great thing for him :D His planned viv looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom