New Bearded dragon questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbraxis

I was given a male 3 year old sandfire red and would like to house him with my female though right now she is in brumation Do I need to wait or will it be ok right now? Thanks for your help and advise

wizbee

Juvie Member
Hello, it is not advised to house two bearded dragons together. Sorry they each need their own setup.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
I would not house them together. Most males will bully a female and over breed them. He needs his own enclosure.
Its also always a good idea to quarantine a dragon when you first get them for 30 days. You never know what a dragon has and the stress of a move might lower there immune system enough to pop up with something not wanted. Its always easier to treat 1 dragon then 2. :lol:

redbraxis

Original Poster
I got him on the 5 of November and he seams to be healthy as a horse he is eating well and the lady that I got him from said that he as breed in the past though very reluctantly. So I should not house them together? Can I keep more than one female per cage?

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
redbraxis":ff6a0 said:
I got him on the 5 of November and he seams to be healthy as a horse he is eating well and the lady that I got him from said that he as breed in the past though very reluctantly. So I should not house them together? Can I keep more than one female per cage?

I would not house them together at all. Males need to be alone and have there own cage, no exceptions.
Females though not recommended can house together successfully. You must have a very large enclosure. It needs to be large enough to have 2 basking spots, 2 hides and they must be the same size. They have to be monitored closely and most people do not have the time to watch dragons 24-7.
Also know that its a risk and one you have to live with if something goes wrong.
I have had females that hate others and I have females that love to have cagemates. Its all dependent on the dragon and what the owner provides them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom