New baby tomorrow. UPDATE: HE'S HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
This is my new baby from Carolina Classic Dragons! I'm still not sure what it all means but he's 100% het hypo and 66% het trans. I'm picking him up tomorrow! :blob5:

babyboy.jpg

Here's his viv. I'm still working on getting the temps just right. Ugh!
2012-02-18194024.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's a cutie, and your viv looks great ! CCD has some nice dragons. I just wondered if those are some type of small rocks in there ? If so, you would really be safer to get them out, dragons are curious and may try to swallow anything they can fit in their mouths. Looks like a great big playpen you have for him there...I'm sure you'll get the temps. regulated after a bit of experimenting.

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Awwwww......so adorable! I want another one sooooo bad, but having a hard time convincing my other half. I'm beginning to think its easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Not that I need permission, but you know! Congrats on the baby!

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2kjaum19 said:
I just wondered if those are some type of small rocks in there ? If so, you would really be safer to get them out, dragons are curious and may try to swallow anything they can fit in their mouths.

The rocks are river rocks. They're actually pretty big. I screened them to get any small rocks and sand out of them. I got the rocks idea from the viv only thread. I figured they'd be ok.

Silver

Hatchling Member
I don't know what those terms mean either. He is very cute. If you find a site that defines them...would u let me know.

Also....great job on the viv....He is one lucky little guy. Can't wait to see pis of him in it!

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh and here's my baby's parents. (I got these pics from CCD's website.)

Daddy: Kojak
kojak.jpg

Mommy: Zest
zest.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I am so excited for you!!!!!!! I forgot you made that EPIC home! :blob8:

I have a basic knowlegde of genetics so here is what I know - HET means that they carry the gene for a specific trait but they do not display that trait. Hypo dragons have 20 clear nails, not the black nails that a normal dragon has. So your dragon is a HET for the clear nails and if bred with a true hypo there will be some babies with clear nails. The hypo dragons have reduced black pigment. HET for trans means that they carry the translucent gene. Translucent dragons have reduced white pigment and they have those pure black eyes. The percentages of HET are confusing to me, but that is the basics that I know.

Your new dragon is gorgeous. :blob5:

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
EPIC lol. I hope he likes it. It's been 4 hours and about 10 light bulbs but I think I almost have the temps perfect. I'm picking up the little guy at 10am tomorrow so I want his new home to be just right. :D

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so the temps seem about right. Basking is 108 and cool side is 85. I'm hoping that's good. I would like for basking to be more around 110. I'll probably pick up some more bulbs tomorrow. Right now I have a 50 watt halogen bulb on the top of the screen (24" high) over the hot side with a 100 watt household bulb hanging about 10" over the basking spot. On the cool side I have a 50 watt household bulb hanging inside the viv just under the "ceiling", so it's about 20" from the floor. I'll probably just leave them on overnight so I can check them in the morning.

I'll have a hard time falling asleep tonight. Feels like Christmas! :blob8:

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Omg he's precious! And beautiful!!!!
Just to finish what Shanny was explaining about the genetics, the percentages are just based on the parents. For instance, 50% het hypo would mean that one of his parents are het for hypo, 100% means both the parents are, like your baby. 66% means that one of his parents are het along with his grandparents, which would mean one of your dragons parents carries the translucent gene and either one or both of his parents (grandparents) as well , I'm not positive if it means both or just one, but know that its to do with grannies :)

You better post ALOT of pics of that little one, he is so pretty.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's here! And he has a name. Blazen Maize! We'll call him Blaze though. :D He's so laid back and calm. Not one stress mark on him. He's hanging out on his basking rock.

The pics are kinda crappy. I really need to find my camera.

2012-02-19104444.jpg

2012-02-19110101.jpg

2012-02-19110132.jpg

2012-02-19110150.jpg

2012-02-19110254.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom