New adult beardie In Hide/Sleeps all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wandaa

I got my first bearded dragon about a month ago, a 5 year old female. When we first got her her set up wasn't the best so we changed it around a bit (they had the uvb running across the bottom and no heat lamp just ceramic heater) so we put the uvb running across the top of the enclosure and added a heat lamp. We didn't change much about the decor because that was all fine. My problem is my beardie will spend all day inside her hide if I don't get her out. When we do get her out at first (first couple of weeks) she would stay out all day eating greens bugs ect pretty active but now she stays out for about half an hour and goes strait back into her hide. She has stopped eating her greens but will still eat her bugs (we like to bring her out of her enclosure to eat bugs). I'm not sure because she's been adopted what her normal behaviour is or what's abnormal for her yet. I'm not sure if she's trying to brumate or if she just doesn't like us! It's summer here. I'd just like some advice on what to do, been a first time owner I'm worried but also don't want to screw with her if she's just trying to brumate?

Wandaa

Original Poster
I got my first bearded dragon about a month ago, a 5 year old female. When we first got her her set up wasn't the best so we changed it around a bit (they had the uvb running across the bottom and no heat lamp just ceramic heater) so we put the uvb running across the top of the enclosure and added a heat lamp. We didn't change much about the decor because that was all fine. My problem is my beardie will spend all day inside her hide if I don't get her out. When we do get her out at first (first couple of weeks) she would stay out all day eating greens bugs ect pretty active but now she stays out for about half an hour and goes strait back into her hide. She has stopped eating her greens but will still eat her bugs (we like to bring her out of her enclosure to eat bugs). I'm not sure because she's been adopted what her normal behaviour is or what's abnormal for her yet. I'm not sure if she's trying to brumate or if she just doesn't like us! It's summer here. I'd just like some advice on what to do, been a first time owner I'm worried but also don't want to screw with her if she's just trying to brumate?
Additionally, the ceramic heater that the enclosure came with with the previous owner was kept on all day at 35°c and we noticed that her entire enclosure was hot and there was no gradient, so maybe with the changes we've made (making a cool side for her) she thinks it's getting cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom