never done this before

Status
Not open for further replies.
today when i got home from school herbie was acting reallly weird shaking his head around and when i tried to feed him hie kept missing can someone please help
im getting a new light today i hope it helps

Eeep... when I had the bad UVB light on, Lucy used to miss her food too, even worms required three or four strikes. I chalked it up to the fact that the UVB light was bothering her eyes, so she had no depth perception. Does he keep her eyes closed for a long time, even when you make noise? However, for the other, more experienced people on this site, you might want to list what kind of light you had, how long you had it, and what kind of light you are getting...

dylantyler12

Original Poster
i had a repta sun full spectrum with a daylight basking bulb
and i just picked up a Repti Sun 10.0 and a tried and true 100 watt sun glo basking light
i hope he gets better

he has done some thing like this when he was shedding and he is in a full body shed so we'll see

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hi, sorry Herbie isn't quite himself. :(

How often are you offering calcium, and how much at each feeding?

Indeed, a quality source of UVB should do Herbie a world of good! :)

Em

dylantyler12

Original Poster
thanks for your concerns
I give him calcium 5x a week on his crickets usually 10 to 15 at a time
plus i bought some Zoo Med Juvenile Bearded dragon food that says it has the correct ratios of protein calcium and fiber just mix with water or juice he loves it... And my mom loved the bill of the new lights :shock:

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
dylantyler12":0c7f0 said:
thanks for your concerns
I give him calcium 5x a week on his crickets usually 10 to 15 at a time
plus i bought some Zoo Med Juvenile Bearded dragon food that says it has the correct ratios of protein calcium and fiber just mix with water or juice he loves it... And my mom loved the bill of the new lights :shock:

Great, sounds like you've got a good routine down. What could be happening is that he's receiving the proper amount of calcium supplement however with the suspect quality of your initial UVB light, he may not be able to process it well. I know an overage of calcium supplement can sometimes cause tremors... the ReptiSun will allow him to process all that cal, and do wonders for him, I'm sure! Tell Mom that the expense will be WELL worth it! :mrgreen:

The best,
Em - another beardie grandma that has had sticker shock more than a time or two! LOL :wink:

dylantyler12

Original Poster
thats exactly what i told her plus she would do anything for him.
He is doing alot better today not really freaking out
I think he was acting funny because of the shedding on his throat hes just mighty uncofortable

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, I'm glad he's doing better. And your theory about the head wagging and the shedding, could definitely be!

Hope all continues on the upswing! :)

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom