need suggestions, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new baby silkie at the end of this month and I am working to get his viv set up perfectly: If your goal was a 100 W basking spot in a 50 g viv, what wattage would you use and how far away should the lights be? Any and all help is appreciated
Also, with all the respect in the world, please don't turn this thread into a debate about silkies, I have done extensive research with the help of breeders and I personally adore silkies :D
My goal in this is to save myself the hassle of a million trips to petsmart for different wattage lights.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
You may find it cheaper to get a narrow flood light from the store instead of the pricey reptile bulbs. Also it is easier to go big and dim down. lastly the fixture can make a difference in the temperature outcome. However it is hard to determine what you will need exactly as there are often times variables we cannot account for.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Actually the OBVIOUS idea of a dimmer was just brought up to me by another friend as well. That is what I will do :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom