Need some Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

seymours

Hatchling Member
So i have 19 eggs in my incubator. They are starting to dent and they have only been in there for 2 weeks. I candeled them 2 days ago and saw veins in all of them. y are they denting? I had problems before cause they got wet from condesation so i moved them to a dry soil which looked to have helped but now there all denting.

Venom508

Juvie Member
usually when eggs are about to hatch they start collapsing but at 2 weeks this sounds a little early to me, but im not sure???

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Hi, was the new bedding you moved the eggs too completly dry or just not as wet as the 1st bedding? Sounds like the substrate is too dry which is causing the eggs to dent due to lack of moisture. You can add water to the substrate and it should help to re-inflate the eggs just be sure to add the water near the sides of the container and not on the eggs themselves. I usually just mist the sides of the container if my substrate becomes to dry. Hope this helps I'm sure some others will be able to add some more insight into your problem

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
I have to agree. Usually when the eggs are collapsing at that early stage and the temps have been checked it is because the humidity is too low.

Ernie

spyder79

Extreme Poster
If you moisten the bedding some you should be ok. do you have a thermometer/hygrometer to keep an eye on the temps/humidity? It is very important to keep you Temps at or around the 80-86 degree mark (some run a tad hotter) and keep your humidity at the lowest 60 highest 80%. This is crucial to proper egg developement. If you do not have proper humidity the eggs will dry up and you will loose the clutch. You can get a Thermometer/Hygrometer combo at walmart for under 20 bux that has a digital face on it that is very easy to read. I have one in my havobator that is visible from the glass window on its top.

seymours

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They were too dry so i moved the to moistented substrate. I had put them on dry cause they got too wet and moving to dry dried them up so then i moved to wet and they are ok now. Im waiting for my havabaotr to come in any day now and right now they are in a homemade incuabtor. My humidity is too high but i cant really do anythign since the whole bottom is water and they are being heated with water heaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom