Need Info!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Great you got him to a vet--hopefully one who specializes in exotics at the very least and is experienced with beardies. I still think soe is relocation stress also since you only got him on Friday. Glad to shere he seems to be doing well.
Let us know what the vet said!!!!

Peanut04

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she basically said that he looked pretty good, his eyes were open and alert. She said that he was too small for *stupidmart* to have sold him, and that he was the smallest beardie she had seen that had been sold!!! She said he was to small to do bloodwork. She also said that if he doesn't start eating on his own that she will give him an anti-deworming ( once again ....she said he was to small). She said to basically keep doing what I'm doing now. I gave him a bath today and he actually drank water in there!!!! Ok sounds creepy, but I was pretty excited...lol. She also said that it sounds like he needs to be warm ( I told her about the tank temp and stuff at petsmart before I bought him) she said that its a good sign that hes starting to move around.

So thats about it

Dana :blob8:

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Drinking water from the tub is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! He sounds like he's doing SO WELL!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

He's self hydrating!!! Has he eaten any crickets today? Still doing the baby food?

Im so excited to hear how well he's doing!

HUGS

Sandi

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
OMG I go off the board for less then a day and look at everything that has happened!Thankfully its all fantastic news.I am gklad you brought him to the vet if not for anything else then peace of mind.It also sounds like you may have found a pretty good vet.Many will dose meds on babies and they end up killing them because the meds are so harsh.I am pleased she didnt do that.I think he is improving great on his own and like I said the biggest problem was that he was WAY too young to be sold.Thank you stupidsmart for once again proving my point!The sad thing is that compared to PETCO they are a blessing...scary isnt it?So did he eat today?Happy to hear he was drinking on his own today thats great news! :blob5:

Peanut04

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry....was eating dinner... He didn't eat any crickets, but I gave him pumpkin and turkey which he lapped right up no problem!!! guess he likes pumpkin...lol. yeah, the vet was really nice! And like you said Vicky...I knew he was imporving, but it was more piece of mind for me :)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Peanut04":d6f3b said:
Sorry....was eating dinner... He didn't eat any crickets, but I gave him pumpkin and turkey which he lapped right up no problem!!! guess he likes pumpkin...lol. yeah, the vet was really nice! And like you said Vicky...I knew he was imporving, but it was more piece of mind for me :)
Thats great that he is eating the babyfood and pumpkin.Maybe the crix are too fast for him.You can slow them down for him by putting them in te fridge for a munte or two,it slows then down and he migt eat them.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
yea it slows them down to almost a full stop but dont leave them in too long or it will kill the crix.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
The other feeder that would be really good to get him right now is Phoenix worms.If you can I would get a hold of some because they are small and very high in calcium I am betting anything he wont turn those down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom