need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedalien1

I rescued this yr old beardie and the previous owner had him in sand which got in its eye and has caused some major issues. I took the sand out and currently have it on tile trying to clear its eye up. I keep it washed with saline and the swelling is going down at a good rate but have noticed some drainage that seams to harden up to a clearish brown color and it is also getting on its mouth now. Any ideas what it may be and what I can do to help it.
120615_158.jpg

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
That poor baby!! Wish I had some advise to give you, I would take her to a vet, but someone else may have some other suggestions. Good luck,
Kelly

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Poor thing, :( where did you rescue him from?? If you can't get him to a vet soon, you can purchase eye ointment at beardeddragon.co here:
http://www.beardeddragons.co/beardeddragon/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=88

If you don't want to do that, maybe some of the girls from the Rescue Group may have some ideas on how to treat him. I think I saw someone treating an eye thing... Maybe you could private message one of them. Here are a few of them:

Crystal
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54112

Amanda
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=49686

Samantha
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54999

Here is the link to the Facebook page (it's a group to join):
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/268935216535900/

Here is the Website:
http://rrus.weebly.com/

You've got a big heart for rescuing him! :love5: Keep us posted on how he's doing, the poor baby. Good luck, I hope you can help him!

RockHound

Hatchling Member
Colored drainage typically suggests infection. Has a vet seen to him yet? Might need antibiotics, and certainly a good look at that eye to assess the damage.

BonesMommy1011

Hatchling Member
Hi! What a cutie you have there! Looks just like my Chance did! Umm, I'm part the rescue and I'm Samantha. For my Charlotte, who has an eye malfunction going on, i just used the eye wash and Terramycin from beardeddragon.co. For Chances eye issue it had to deal with his vitamin and calcium defiencey( I totally screwed that spelling up). Chances eyes were healing right before he passed away. Good luck with this guy! You need anymore help just get at one if us! Oh, I do highly recommend a vet visit as there is brown discharge and that's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom