Need help with sick beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":22cpr10w said:
Go w/ the lower bulb -- a 5.0 -- I think your tank is too low for the stronger output of the UVB---
Karrie

Damn :/. The 5.0 won't be too low?

Why would he be having this problem now, and not when I got him? Perhaps because he needed more when he was younger?

So I turned off the LED I don't think he really likes it.. He's sitting in his shoebox on the dark end, he's only sitting in it because it's darker I believe. I don't think it's a temperature thing, he's just looking for darkness. The lid is off it but he doesn't mind.

What should I do if a new vivarium doesn't solve his issues?
(Would a 120cmx60x60 be a good size?)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes thats a good size -107 gallon approx --- w/ the height of the tank you can go back to the regular T 5 or Arcadia 12% bulb --- we are looking at the height of your tank being the UVB is too strong since you have a low height --- could be he was young and requiring more UVB --- I dont know but its a good reason for the behavior --
Karrie

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3id0q1eq said:
Yes thats a good size -107 gallon approx --- w/ the height of the tank you can go back to the regular T 5 or Arcadia 12% bulb --- we are looking at the height of your tank being the UVB is too strong since you have a low height --- could be he was young and requiring more UVB --- I dont know but its a good reason for the behavior --
Karrie

Awesome! I assume an 18" one would be too short still, considering the bulbs aren't sitting on top of anything
I really hope that's the reason, I'm tank hunting rn lol. Thank you guys so much :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes for a 100 gallon tank you want a T 5 in it --- so you would need a 24" fixture -- what is the size you have now?
Karrie

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1gr1uqea said:
Yes for a 100 gallon tank you want a T 5 in it --- so you would need a 24" fixture -- what is the size you have now?
Karrie

Oh that's the size of my one now. Really hope I can get one soon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So the fixture is a 24" it will go into the 100 gallon fine -- you do not want a fixture the same length as the tank -- he needs to be able to escape the rays of the UVB w/ out having to hide from it
Karrie

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2si5j0rw said:
So the fixture is a 24" it will go into the 100 gallon fine -- you do not want a fixture the same length as the tank -- he needs to be able to escape the rays of the UVB w/ out having to hide from it
Karrie

Oh perfect so!
I've noticed one of his toes have turned a greyish white. I know they usually turn like this before shedding, but I just think it's odd that it's just this one toe and nowhere else

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Post a pic of it but I believe it's shed- they shed in weird spots
Karrie

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3lqt44gc said:
Post a pic of it but I believe it's shed- they shed in weird spots
Karrie

He has not eaten for a nearly a whole week now. He aggressively tried to eat his rock today - he must be low on calcium?

What kind of babyfood would you say is alright to feed him?
I've seen some that have whole roast dinners as food lol, would they be good? (I'm unable to get Critical care it's very expensive to get here)

He's not losing a massive amount of weight, so maybe I should wait to bring him to the vet until I get a new viv? Unless he doesn't eat for 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom