Need Help with PETCO petition ..UPDATE new problems!10/21/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
They send the same email over and over to everyine it seems.Its ridiculous and sad.I say we keepflooding the emails and each time you send an email why not attach the linkto the petition.I am trying to find another plausible cause of action but I think what we need most is a wider public outcry.Grixxly thanks for the updates on the sigs.

Vicky

Rachella

Juvie Member
I don't know if PETA would really help. They don't believe animals should be pets at all, much less sold in stores.

HOWEVER, if you shoot an email and mention something along the lines of contacting PETA about that particular store's practices, they may change their tune.

MAY.

But it's worth a shot. I say do it.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
PETA Is focused twords petsmart e.i. http://www.petsmartcruelty.com/ Anyways I would rather have PETA stay out of my hobby. They don't think animals should be pets. Last thing I would want is a PETA "spy" brutally killing the reptiles at PETA just to get pictures to use against PetCo.

cjdickey

Juvie Member
That is all very true. I do think PETA is a little nuts, but i didnt know they were that nuts! Maybe i will avoid all contact with them..lol. Thanks for the info.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Yeah not so sure I like the PETA idea after what I have heard recently.I am not sure I like their practices.Truthfully part me thinks it is because of some of their radical manuevers that makes it so hard to deal with some of these pet chains.They think everyone who cares about animals is a PETA spy.Truthfully I think they might have done more damage then good in recent years but thats JMO.

Vicky

Emmarld

We bought a juvenile bearded dragon before Christmas 2007. After all the wrong advice none of them lived past 2 weeks after we got them home. We bought everything we was told too, and each time we got a new one, it died. we bought the wrong bulbs, *reg 100 watt*, we bought the *special sand* and mealies. large water bowl, large crickets (40 +) that we left in the cage with them * they wont bother him and he will eat them anyway*. The bearded Dragons where less the 4 inches long each time we got one. We waited 4 months, we finally get the 5th one, about 1-1/2 months ago he was twice the size. and we learned not to listen to PETCO Employees. We Kept all the receipts and my repeated fits in the store is the only reason we have Draco today. It took 6 Months to get a dragon that has lived past 2 weeks. We where told this lizard is easy for a beginner and low maintenance, just give them crickets and a big waterbowl and your good to go. We where so gulliable. they gave us a print out with care instructions, $60 for the Beardie, and another $300 for sand that glows in the dark. a tank, screen top, lights, big chunks of bark, fake plants, food, you name it.. we followed instructions to the "T". I think all 4 was from the same breeder. we was told they was waiting for a new shipment. PETCO didnt even get new Beardies for weeks. After all the money we put into it.. it got to be the pricipal of the thing. Draco lives in my bedroom... He belongs to my hubby... Hubby says...if my dogs sleep in the bed with us.. at least Draco can sleep next to the bed. I hope he makes it..Now we have learned alot from this website. We have read this website from one end to the other... THANKS FOR EVERYTHING....
OH Lord... He is gonna get How big ?....lol

Emm

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Don't worry Emerald, we will help you have Draco thrive! If you have any questions don't fear to ask. We are here to help! 8)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Dont worry Emm Grixxly is right we are here to help make sure you get the right info. :D

Daily update:181 sigs keep em coming :wink:

Vicky

Thor's Mom

Sub-Adult Member
Up for the people over in the Beardy Tales section complaining about Petco. Your signatures would be helpful.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thor's Mom, I posted the link to this thread in the Beardie Tales forum. :wink:

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
What you guys think of my signature. I did nothing fancy with it, just wanted a signature of it. The text might be a little hard to read because I had to resize it to make it fit the 120 pixie high thing. I might make a more easy to read, more fancy one sometime soon in photoshop.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
OMG thats a great idea.I love it.If I had even an ounce of photoshop capabilities I would do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom