Need assistance please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
So since I stay with my grandmother I cannot have crickets or roaches in the house. I have been feedin Phoenix worms to my two beardies 9&8 inches. My issue is I want to bump up how much they eat because I cannot allow them to eat a billion worms because they have to last for a month or so. I am looking for cheaper alternatives. Either somewhere I can get Phoenix for less or another feeder that is not crickets or roaches.

Thanks in advance.
Oh and I get my worms from Phoenix worm company.

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Is it possible to breed them in your grandmas house? That would certainly cut down on feeder costs, though you do have to feed their colony to sustain them. If they are anything like the roaches though, they don't require much to keep them alive.

I'm sure if you do some DIY searches for black soldier fly farming, you can find some cheap methods of building a breeding container. BSL are kind of popular with feeding other animals and people will eat them too.

On a side note, while this unit probably costs a lot of money, but I got a kick out it: http://www.gizmag.com/farm-432-fly-larva-food/28509/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom